Nissan Frontier Forum banner

DIY high pressure injector cleaner

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Aguayo47 
#1 ·
i have a 2012 nissan frontier with 150 K miles # 1 cylinder is not firing dont have much money to pay a mechanic this covid 19 BS is destroying my ability to earn money so I need some feedback on how best to clean my injectors Ive tried a variety of additives but they dont work Im a disabled vietnam vet not many of use still around so ifyou got any great ideas I would really like your feedback

#4 ·
I have pulled injectors and reversed cleaned by fitting a short length of fuel hose over the tip. I then spray in some carb cleaner to puddle a little. I use a blow gun with my air compressor charged up and press it hard against the hose to seal. The air pressure blows the cleaner backwards through the injector. Have a clean rag over the injector to catch the tiny fine screen that may get blown out.

Wear eye protection!

Tt

#5 ·
I got one for a couple of bucks. First go to junkyard and get the pigtail connectors for the injectors.
Head to The ol walmart and buy some valve stems ( to put air into a bike tube)
Unscrew the stem capmake a tiny hole to slide the red spray extender that comes with a bottle of intake cleaner. now either heat seal it by heating plastic or glue around hole to create seal.
remove Schroeder valve
insert injector up the bum hole of the valve
screw on plastic top with red spray ext.
plug in pigtails to injector.
wire one to negative baterry terminal.
insert red spray nozzle into cleaner.
spray a little bit into injector.
get the other wire from pigtail and really fast tap the positive terminal of battery off and on
spray more cleaner keep tapping postive wire.
spray tap repeat. until you get that nice atomized spray your looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.