Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wanted to say thank u! i have been having issues with my ac for about a month now only have had my truck for about 2 months. i had a appointment today at a nissan dealership to get it checked up it had random issues sometimes cold most the time hot. its funny my mom actually found this and sent me the link and i went to the dealerhsip and picked one up took about 20 min to put in and i could tell a difference right away! mine was doing the same thing idle cold blow hot and sometimes the ogher way around blow hot at idle blow cold when moving so thank u for saving me prob a few hundred bucks who know maybe even thousands i will check back in at a later date to update how its been again thank u super easy fix

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replied this in another post, but it may be more relevant here, so my apologies if you read it twice.

So I know I may not have needed to order this, but I did. According to courtesy parts, the correct one for my 2000 SE was the 27675X.

After receiving the part and taking my glove box out, I noticed that I do not have a part that looks like the replacement one I received. So I looked at the picture of the other 27723N part and mine does not match that one either. The one I have is a small black box with a circuit board inside. there are only 2 black wires running from this little black box into the condensor box unlike the 3 wires that the new part has. It does have the same female connector as the replacement part.

Now I am not sure if I needed to order this part, but now that I did, I will keep it for the future, but I am still confused why my 2000 (manufactured in 08/99) has a part that I cannot find listed on the courtesy parts list, and I am curious that if I have an issue with my thermal control amp, can I install this new one even though it looks completely different. I have attached a photo of what my part looks like.

Any thoughts?
Did you ever solve this? My car has the same black box as yours, and I cannot find a replacement part.

·
Registered
42 Posts
<Edit - part about what I did and NOT A RECOMMENDATION>

Thank you for the tutorial, I recommend the tutorial.

<I am not necessarily recommending what I did>
I had a problem mounting the new sensor (2001), and ended up placing the sensor on top of the evaporator.

My web browser did not show clear pictures of how the new sensor clicks into place.

Is it possible for someone to describe HOW the sensor is supposed to attach inside the evaporator box?
If I ever have to (or want to) get back in there, I will try to improve the mounting.

TIP: It is a good time to clean out the box & evaporator (I used a water hose).
The cabin air filters do a pretty good job of preventing junk from plugging up the air flow.
Without the air filters, I suspect the evaporator air flow would have become restricted by now.
Jody

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
Is this problem only related to the first gen Frontiers? I have a 2011 and I’m having the same issue. Clutch kicks on and off and refrigerant pressure is not the problem. It used to stay on for longer periods of time but now it’s getting worse, it seems the opposite now.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,020 Posts
its also called a thermistor and the particular part number I ordered said it covered a wide range of Nissan vehicles. there were two available and the other was for newer vehicles then my 01 frontier so its possible. check the fsm though, or google thermos control amp and the year of your vehicle to see if anything shows up

this seems to point to your truck having it called a thermistor instead of a thermos control amp. its highlighted in a yellowish color in the top of the diagram

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Check the AC clutch gap. I had to remove a shim to fix mine last summer on my 1998 Frontier.

If the AC clutch is getting power but the clutch is not engaged, then the issue is clutch-related.
If the AC clutch is NOT getting power when it should, then a different issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you guys for your reply, I’ll look in to the clutch and the thermistor and hopefully fix the issue. I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you guys for your reply, I’ll look in to the clutch and the thermistor and hopefully fix the issue. I’ll keep you posted.
Hey Guys,

I took my truck to the shop as I wasn't able to get confirmation from other owners having the same problem with a 2011 (or similar year) frontier, I wasn't sure it was the same issue and I didn't want to order the part before making sure or at least somewhat sure about it.

The guys at the shop said the expansion valve and the accumulator filter are the problem. Now here in Mexico it is hard to find someone specialized that is reliable and not crazy expensive so I'm posting this again to see if anybody has had the same issue but being the expansion valve and accumulator filter the problem instead of the thermistor. I need to order the parts and then see if I can replace them myself as they will charge an arm and a leg to replace them but first I wanted to bring it up to see if someone with expertise would agree that these two parts may be causing the same issue or if they are not related at all.

Thanks for your replies fellas, I really appreciate your help.

Miz.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts