Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
If you pull the black decal off the underside of the side mirror, there's 3 decent sized star bolts under there. You could probably get a flat metal bracket and longer bolts and attach it that way.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you pull the black decal off the underside of the side mirror, there's 3 decent sized star bolts under there. You could probably get a flat metal bracket and longer bolts and attach it that way.
Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I have considered doing this for quite sometime now, just never actually taken the mirror off to see how feasible it would be...
I thought it would be cool to mount the light there on a user adjustable base via stick. So like the Police A pillar lights but you just roll the window down to move it.

Only draw back to mounting a light in front of the mirror is the body of the truck blocking some of the output.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems like getting a bracket bent so that it would just mount to the existing hood bolts and have the light just sit up near the cowl would be a pretty straight forward, there looks to be enough room between the hood and cowl for it and the wiring to just squeeze in. I'm surprised no one (that I've seen) has tried this before.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
It seems like getting a bracket bent so that it would just mount to the existing hood bolts and have the light just sit up near the cowl would be a pretty straight forward, there looks to be enough room between the hood and cowl for it and the wiring to just squeeze in. I'm surprised no one (that I've seen) has tried this before.
Probably because in that position, half the light would be blocked by the hood and fender... not useful as a "ditch light" if the light doesn't even reach the ditch.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's true, I'll have a look at the spot spot on the mirror you mentioned earlier and see what would be involved with mounting to it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used CB antenna hood clamp mounts for my pods and they work great. They clamp on just behind where the outer hood skin is attached to the inner hood so there is no way for them to slide off. They don't move or shake even if you happen to hit the three digit mph mark... they cost me a grand total of $23.99 off ebay and look just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used CB antenna hood clamp mounts for my pods and they work great. They clamp on just behind where the outer hood skin is attached to the inner hood so there is no way for them to slide off. They don't move or shake even if you happen to hit the three digit mph mark... they cost me a grand total of $23.99 off ebay and look just fine.
Thats a nice rim you got there, May I know what it is?

anyway, here's a link of a I found yesterday for 2004–2015 2ND GEN NISSAN FRONTIER DITCH LIGHT BRACKETS - STAINLESS STEEL.

https://www.ragofabrication.com/collections/nissan/products/nissan-frontier-ditch-light-brackets-stainless-steel

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually just ordered those ones on valentine's day sale along with a set of Baja Designs Squadron lights. They should be getting delivered today. Fingers crossed they fit well!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Max-Gear sells brackets that work for Xterras and Frontiers; the last PDF catalog I have from MaxTerra (member name on thenewx.org forums; maximumdesign at comcast dot net) from mid-2018 lists them at $75. Description says they're stainless steel and compatible with the hood strut mod if you have it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
@B-Mackin what kind of front bumper is that? did you also get the led bar with it or did you get that after?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
GMK14
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing