Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Good to see that no accident happened, but on the 2nd video looks to me like the driver of the Mini deliberately took the shoulder to escape traffic?
I didn't see it that way. There wasn't much shoulder to speak of next to my truck. It just happened to turn into a right turn only lane several yards up from me. I truly believe that if I had not moved when I did, he would have at the very least clipped my rear bumper.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
So glad that you and your truck are okay @Zero Six LE . On the topic of distracted drivers, someone in my area recently drove their car into the side of a moving freight train. How on earth do you do that? No fatality there, but within the same week, there were two local grade crossing collisions at different locations that each killed the drivers. The locomotive cameras (yes, most all are equipped these days) clearly showed the drivers ignoring lowered gates and flashers. Such a stupid waste of life and this sort of thing is mentally tough for rail crews, helpless to stop and often seeing terrified faces of passengers in car windows. :(

Reactions: Zero Six LE

·
Super Moderator
20,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So glad that you and your truck are okay @Zero Six LE . On the topic of distracted drivers, someone in my area recently drove their car into the side of a moving freight train. How on earth do you do that? No fatality there, but within the same week, there were two local grade crossing collisions at different locations that each killed the drivers. The locomotive cameras (yes, most all are equipped these days) clearly showed the drivers ignoring lowered gates and flashers. Such a stupid waste of life and this sort of thing is mentally tough for rail crews, helpless to stop and often seeing terrified faces of passengers in car windows. :(
Thanks Brother. I will never understand why people think they can compete with trains. Impatience can kill you in some of those cases.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I - and a driver to my right - almost were both killed by a red light runner about 2.5 months ago. We both got the green arrow to turn left for our lanes, and since I had worked near that intersection KNEW that we HAD TO get a red light under the freeway 50-75 feet ahead, so no reason to "gun it". A guy to our left apparently did not see the red light or the brake lights of vehicles stopped to go straight, and swerved into the empty 2 left lanes and ran through the intersection. I'd noticed him and blared my horn, the red light runner did a spin out (only one I'd ever seen in person) and he hit the median broadside, then scampered up the freeway in an instant so cops couldn't stop him. At the red light under the freeway, the driver to my right thanked me for saving her life. 2 weeks later the driver behind me - who apparently knew me - said she thought there would be a fatal collision.

Sadly, a very good friend of both my daughters was killed about 10 days ago in Phoenix by a red light runner....

• Sad

·
Admin
3,482 Posts
Wow. Glad that was a miss. Clearly you saw him coming too. Scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
Man, that was a close call. I have cameras on all my vehicles, too many poor drivers on the roads.
What camera system/s do you have as I’m researching some now?
Hope your ride was a pleasant one.

Clint

21 - 38 of 38 Posts