Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
This isn't a place for people to cry or complain about their trucks. Its a place where you can see some of Roastbeefs amazing wheeling stunts, Aaron and Natalie's builds, and ToddG's incredible food preperation, a couple of V8 swaps and an unbelievable amount of people who love their trucks and want to share useful information and fun stuff they did with you (and a little nut busting among friends). Trust me, all good stuff. Pull up a chair and stay a while......you'll see.

Oh.....and welcome to the fun.

·
1,672 Posts
I recently got a new 2010 cc 4wd about a month ago and really loved my truck, first new vehicle i have ever bought, always older cars. Got on here searching the web, signed on and looking around really dissapointed me. Most all post are negative about these trucks, if i would have came here befrore i bought it i dont know what i would have done. I still love my truck, but my question is, do most people get on here to just try and resolve problems about their trucks. There have got to be alot of people who really have been happy with their trucks. My old gmc jimmy, had some vibrations in the dash, it had screws all in it trying to stop it, couldnt hardly hear the radio this truck was so loud. 2000 cherokee eat wheel bearings like they were donuts, and talk about bad mpg,s. And dont get me started on a ford Bronco II i used to own. I am a new frontier owner and i LOVE my truck.
Let me tell you something. I have been on here sniveling about my truck too, BUT take it from me, I have been living way out on this desert for over 10 years and it's about 25 miles to pavement. For the first 8 or so years, these roads were not maintained and were at best primitive. I bought my first Fronty in '99. It was a 2wd "Desert Runner". I ran it HARD and put her to bed WET. I put a tank in the back end and hauled 275 gals. of water in it. Water weighs, in case you don't know, roughly 8 lbs a gal. and would run this thing mersilessly across these desert roads like a banshee. My complaint on my Desert Runner was, (and 2nd Fronty inbetween) is the SAME as this 05 CC 4X4, the charcoal canister is right by the rear wheel well and dirt & crap gets in the little valves and clogs it up and on goes the service engine soon light, then the fuel gage goes out. I presently have 127+ thousand on this 05, my DR gave up after few oil changes in it's life at 220+ thousand miles, and second Fronty was traded in on the CC because I needed pasenger room. (it was a KC) Over all I can tell you, I drive HARD, I drive on desert dirt, and like a timex, these Nissans take a licking and keep on ticking. Out here a broke down truck in the summer LITERALLY is a DEATH SENTENCE. This desert is unforgiving as temps can soar to 120+ degrees F, 25 MILES to pavement and personal experiance with Nissan Frontiers keeps me buying them . . . the question on my next vehicle is NOT what vehicle to buy, it's what Frontier do I buy.
:hi:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I may be missing something but I came here looking for information on installing a radio. That was all I was after. I spent most of the last couple of nights and this evening here reading everything I can absorb. I just joined today but after reading a LOT of threads, my overall impression is that most people here love their trucks as much as I love mine. Lots of good information here and lots of good ideas....

·
Registered
398 Posts
People are like that. Someone with a bad experience whether real or perceived will tell ten people. Those with good experiences don't go out of their way to tell someone. You decide.

I'm still enjoying my Frontier even at 58,500 miles. I'd even buy another one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
we r just here to wine about our trucks. nisssan is bad *** truck, but remember nothing is perfectin this world. man made stuff will probably fail only god is perfect. trust me when u come across a problem u will be happy u have this club it will save u money an stress. welcome bro

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.