Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
While it looks like alot of threads are negative, like others said, its just people venting about a problem and looking for a solution.
Look at any forum for any subject. Arfcom to Xterra Owners Club, you will find the same threads. I look at these threads a peak into what problems I might have. You know your going to have problems out of anything mechanical or female. Might as well know what kind of problems your going to have.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
People usually dont sign up on a forum to talk about how great there truck is, what it can do, etc...
I signed up here because the unofficial nissan frontier site has very little traffic anymore. I know quite abit about the first gen trucks.
another one regarding someone who bought shoes to match the interior of their truck.
my boots match the interior of my truck... they both have the same greasey gear oil stains.
I have to speak absolutely out of honesty here....

i've been on several forums, not just poking around, but been involved deeply with many other make/model forums..

I've got to say that in this clubfrontier forum, it has more disappointment in what's broken and what doesn't work correctly than "omfg my truck rocks" topics.

I accept that this truck isn't no marine grade tank, but it sure does make me sad seeing all of the issues people are going through whether they are hard on their trucks or not... Broken front and rear differentials, timing chain issues, exhaust issues, 4x4 transfer case electrical issues, no-start electrical gremlins, radiator failure leading to transmission failure issues, ... bah.. I just cross my fingers that none of this happens to me...

I had a 97 isuzu 4x4 v6 rodeo and beat the living piss out of it for two years and added almost 100K miles to it, changed the alternator. It's been over two years and I still see that thing zippin' around with different owners still running strong and driving smooth, no suspension clanks and squeaks.

Traded it for my 01 rodeo v6 4x4 auto, installed a custom 3" rear coil/torsion key lift, easy and cheap, have been beating the piss out of it and driving it like a race car from day 1, has 130k miles and still feels, sounds, acts like a brand new vehicle... no clangs, clicks, ticks, squeaks, pops, clunks, bangs, etc.. I've put those differentials through HELLLLLLLL, been to moab in some crazy situations many times, gotten high centered in the snow several times, rockin' er' back n' forth and being hard on the drivetrain always got er' out.. full throttle ahead when climbing hills, doing stupid shi* in that thing all of the time.. Still haven't changed the xfer case or differential fluids, I better do that soon eh?... no problems .. so far, changed the fuel sending sensor(no biggy) and that's it. I've kept the rodeo, it's been too great to me to let it go... it's a nice, spunky, wild on the streets, crazy off road little machine. planetisuzoo - An Isuzu SUV Club ... hardly much for hardware failure there, just some isuzu lovin' non haters that know how to have fun off road.. great people.

My girlfriend's 08 crew 5cy colorado has been great, we take it all over the place, she follows me when i'm in my rodeo on our offroadin' trips, her mom has the same truck, an 07, no problems at all. Being on the coloradofans.com forums, I don't find a lot of issues posted there, not a lot of people needing technical help, just tons of ppl looking to mod their trucks really.. I read about some front differential failures because of a dry differential from the factory, but i haven't seen much other than that.. I'm not a huge chevy fan at all, but after driving the heck out of it and seeing my gf beat on that thing for the past two years, it's been a sweet truck, fast too.. has attitude.

I got my frontier thinking it has a similar build quality to both isuzu's ive had because it's foreign and they've got a LOt of past history in building sweet compact pickup trucks like the hardbody's that are known for awesomeness. I'm going to keep everything maintained very well and hope that my truck does just as great as the rodeo's did!... regardless, I love the truck so far! I've been loving this forum so far too, it's great to be able to offer help to others and get help in return or just to share our crazy a** truckin' stories and toys.
The 2000 isuzu trooper I had was a tough vehicle until my daughter took out a phone pole and 30 ft of barbed wire fence. I still drove it 5 miles home. It did have its share of squeeks and rattles tho. I dont find 100K that impressive. get 200K on your truck using it as a truck. you will break something. parts will wear out.
Before I got my frontier, I had an s-10 for about 6 months with less than 50k on it. I was gentler on that truck than on my frontier and still routinely overheated the transmission when hauling loads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.