Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a new 2010 cc 4wd about a month ago and really loved my truck, first new vehicle i have ever bought, always older cars. Got on here searching the web, signed on and looking around really dissapointed me. Most all post are negative about these trucks, if i would have came here befrore i bought it i dont know what i would have done. I still love my truck, but my question is, do most people get on here to just try and resolve problems about their trucks. There have got to be alot of people who really have been happy with their trucks. My old gmc jimmy, had some vibrations in the dash, it had screws all in it trying to stop it, couldnt hardly hear the radio this truck was so loud. 2000 cherokee eat wheel bearings like they were donuts, and talk about bad mpg,s. And dont get me started on a ford Bronco II i used to own. I am a new frontier owner and i LOVE my truck.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
The majority of the people who get on here are trying to fix a problem they are having with their truck, that is why there are so many threads about problems. A lot of people, including me, wouldn't have even known about this site if they weren't trying to figure a problem out. Most of the people here love their trucks, just like you, but they still have some problems and post them up here so that others who have had the same problem can help them. Welcome to the club, by the way.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
there are lots of happy frontier owners out there. its just that when people have a problem they turn to the interwebs for help, and complain and vent on forums like these. all cars have their issues.

i'm at over 100k miles on my auto v6, and the truck is holding up amazingly well with no real problems.

·
Registered
487 Posts
every single automotive forum has a higher percentage of problem threads, simply because its the easiest way to figure out the problem.

you should check out the Land Rover forums :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
I recently got a new 2010 cc 4wd about a month ago and really loved my truck, first new vehicle i have ever bought, always older cars. Got on here searching the web, signed on and looking around really dissapointed me. Most all post are negative about these trucks, if i would have came here befrore i bought it i dont know what i would have done. I still love my truck, but my question is, do most people get on here to just try and resolve problems about their trucks. There have got to be alot of people who really have been happy with their trucks. My old gmc jimmy, had some vibrations in the dash, it had screws all in it trying to stop it, couldnt hardly hear the radio this truck was so loud. 2000 cherokee eat wheel bearings like they were donuts, and talk about bad mpg,s. And dont get me started on a ford Bronco II i used to own. I am a new frontier owner and i LOVE my truck.
:moon::clueless:

·
Registered
704 Posts
this is my first new vehical and i am very happy with it,some of these problems i read about here i and a few other people i know who own 2nd gens are very pleased with thier trucks,(it is the best truck i have ever owned)dont let the negitivity get you down.
read carefully some problems have been caused by mods others by neglect,some factory issues etc,enjoy the new fronty and take care of it.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
the only beef i have with the wesite is the search function and the connection blows sometimes....but as far as my truck love....haven't had any real issues (knock on wood) and the people here are great and very informative.....although i have spent a lot of $$$ on mods due to this site i also fixed a lot of minor issues i've had b/c of this site....the site (along with avic411) was immensly helpful when i was doin my stereo install.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Like you not sure I would have bought one after seeing this site. Now honestly with some probs I've had, I have a love hate relationship with it right now.:pullout: I am taking it back to the mothership Monday, in hopes of getting took care of. I'll hold off final judgement until then. I do like it, and get nice comments on its looks all the time:) This site for me has been great!! & welcome by the way!

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
Every vehicle has it's issues, there are always people that are going to complain no matter what. If you can find a forum where there isn't any "negative" or problem threads let me know, cuz i've never come across one.

These trucks are great - if you keep up with the maintenance and don't beat it to all hell then it will probably live a happy and problem free life.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
if you only buy vehicles that have 100% positive forums........hope you have nice shoes, cause you'll be walking everywhere.

As has been said by many already (and thought by those that have the common sense to figure it out), people sign on to forums like this either because they just bought one and want to learn about it or because they have one and are having problems and want to find out what to do about it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My problem with this site is it s costing me money to do these things I read here and would not pay the dealer 4X as much to do. I been here since my 07 and love the info on DYI projects. This 2010 is my 12th new Datsun/Nissan truck, all great trucks. I bought this 2010 11/30/09 and added splash guards and trailer hitch so far, doing the Garmin GPS docking station Tuesday. If I don't get off this Site I'll have to do a Tim Geitner TurboTax cheat to get more money to pay for the rest.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Welcome, I have moderated a few sites and the b******g always outweighed the positive, I never would have bought anything if I only looked at that. I have had no problems with my truck and I am happy about that, more mods make me happier and this site has been helping me do just that. Enjoy your truck, take care of it and it will take care of you.

Go check out the problems that others are having with other vehicles (like the 4+ million toyotas being recalled) and you will see that you didnt make a mistake.

My problem with this site is it s costing me money to do these things I read here and would not pay the dealer 4X as much to do. I been here since my 07 and love the info on DYI projects. This 2010 is my 12th new Datsun/Nissan truck, all great trucks. I bought this 2010 11/30/09 and added splash guards and trailer hitch so far, doing the Garmin GPS docking station Tuesday. If I don't get off this Site I'll have to do a Tim Geitner TurboTax cheat to get more money to pay for the rest.
Amen Brotha!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
The Nissan Frontier is an awesome truck. I would say most people on this site have no real issues. Lately, all the complaints I see are from like 3 people who have 2009 and 2010 trucks and don't know they have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. You guys need to get the issues fixed, and then share the information with the site. Step up and make a play for clubfrontier.org...

The one that killed me was the guy with the 2010 who let his battery go dead over a long weekend, and then blamed Nissan when he put the battery jumper cables on backwards and trashed his computer. He couldn't understand why the dealership gave him sh1t...

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
While it looks like alot of threads are negative, like others said, its just people venting about a problem and looking for a solution.
Look at any forum for any subject. Arfcom to Xterra Owners Club, you will find the same threads. I look at these threads a peak into what problems I might have. You know your going to have problems out of anything mechanical or female. Might as well know what kind of problems your going to have.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The Nissan Frontier is an awesome truck. I would say most people on this site have no real issues. Lately, all the complaints I see are from like 3 people who have 2009 and 2010 trucks and don't know they have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. You guys need to get the issues fixed, and then share the information with the site. Step up and make a play for clubfrontier.org...

As stated before this is a great site for all kinds of info etc.. I am hoping that my biggest issue (engine knock) will be took care of monday. I have plenty of warranty as I bought the best extended. The biggest gripe I have is having such an issue from the get go, & having to take a vacation day to take it to the dealer etc... I am over 70 miles away. I will share whatever I find out as to hope it can be useful to everyone else. I plan to make some upgrades along the way and clubfrontier.org is the best site to have, for info & sharing info, I think any owner could find:)

While it looks like alot of threads are negative, like others said, its just people venting about a problem and looking for a solution.
Look at any forum for any subject. Arfcom to Xterra Owners Club, you will find the same threads. I look at these threads a peak into what problems I might have. You know your going to have problems out of anything mechanical or female. Might as well know what kind of problems your going to have.

:laugh:
I am sure they feel the same way about us too!:)

·
Super Moderator
11,254 Posts
I just bought my fourth Frontier! They have ALL been trouble free.
Don't read too deeply into the issues as some are just venting and Nissan has made it right. There are aslo some people who are never happy and will look and look until they find "something".
I inspected my truck and it looked blemish free in and out and now will just drive it. Someone else would get out a magnifying glass and spend hours looking.
Go drive and enjoy your Frontier. I surely wouldn't have bought another one if any had been unreliable.

Clint

1 - 20 of 47 Posts