Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I looked into this when you posted and it looks like a standard slotted rotor. Now the kangaroo veins are nice and I do agree, they increase surface area and can help lower rotor temps.

I have to ask, how much are these costing you?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Got my EBC Greenstuff 7000 series front pads last week and the DBA rotors will be here tomorrow on the big brown truck...hopefully I'll have time to install the combo. Pics coming soon!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hate to 1-up you 00crewcab... but i did my front rotors up with EBC yellowstuff 2 sundays ago, the same type that you have on order

Initially they seemed pretty week with the brake -in coating, but after a few 40-5s they really seemed to be working good. Its been getting better over the past week and definitly have much more stopping power than the stock brakes... have pics somewhere but i gotta find em...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not one up, just different bro...

On the 7000 series pads: For a small price premium over the 6000 series, these pads are THE ULTIMATE SUV/4x4 FRONT END PAD. They will stop faster and last longer with almost zero brake dust and are EBC's premium offering for heavy 4x4s.

I'm looking for long life and zero dust.

Lets see your pics when you find them.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The 7000s are good, but just don't have the cold stopping power I need, and I don't really give a crap about the dust hahaha minor details...

Pics up, gonna snap some photos tomorrow of the installed rotors and pads when i'm getting new tires

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my parts in...It seems for first gens we don't get the kangaroo paw after all. Maybe the smaller diameter rotors on our trucks? The box says kangaroo paw not availible on all part#'s, I'm going to e-mail DBA for verification. All in all they are very nice rotors, I'll have to wait till sunday to install them.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Answer from DBA:

Sorry that you are disappointed in not receiving Kangaroo Paw (KP) venting in your recently purchased rotors. DBA developed KP during 2000. It was first used in Subaru rotors then gradually introduced in new high volume designs. We now produce over 300 part numbers in KP design and as we add new number we will produce the majority in KP.

Now in your case the casting was already produced before we introduced KP. In a number of references as the tooling comes up for replacement we will normally then convert it to KP design.

So as you can see it’s just a matter of timing in your case. The great thing is you still get DBA XG150 cast iron that has been proven on race tracks all over the world in KP and alternate vent designs and you also get the same tight tolerance we follow in all our rotors which is why we are regarded as one of the premium manufactures in the world.

Hope this explains.

And thank you for choosing DBA

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
This is whats installed on my D40

1 - 13 of 13 Posts