Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 King cab 4x2 4.0L and have been having trouble finding a replacement transmission. I have been told at several locations that I have to use another transmission from a 2005 frontier, but I'm pretty sure there are other vehicles that have the same transmission. My question is what other vehicles have compatible transmissions that I could use without having to make any sort of modification? I have found a 2008 Pathfinder and was wondering if that transmission would work. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Assuming it is an automatic, part # is 310C0-EA10B. Search the part # and it comes up as being for Frontier and Xterra. 2008 Pathfinder transmission comes up as part # 310C0-ZS02D I assume if they are interchangeable they would share part numbers. Although, the one for the 05 Frontier is a discontinued part number.

I am also a fan of car-part.com ... though on a part like this you don't know what condition that transmission is, but if you can find something with low enough miles it might be worth the risk.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Did you have radiator cross contamination. I think that issue killed off alot of automatic transmissions of the early year Frontiers, Pathfinders, and X's. That is why all the wreckers are so low on stock.

Seems like a reman would be a good option. Rock auto has them for $2400 + core. Shipping to my house is $235.

2005 NISSAN FRONTIER 4.0L V6 Automatic Transmission Assembly | RockAuto

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it was the cross contamination since I have long replaced my radiator and transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts