Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to confirm that the Nissan Frontier 4cyl and 6cyl engines take the same factory oil filter. I thought they were different, but the local dealership sold me one and said it is intended to fit either engine. Is this correct?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm.... I did find a factory Nissan listing and it shows the same filter for both 4 and 6 cylinder. Maybe the guy was right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to stay with a factory filter if possible. Just want to get the one that Nissan puts on the V6.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about Nissan? Do they have different numbers or the same one?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I am trying to confirm that the Nissan Frontier 4cyl and 6cyl engines take the same factory oil filter. I thought they were different, but the local dealership sold me one and said it is intended to fit either engine. Is this correct?
Might depend what year you are talking about. Or can go to filter manufacturer site and see if listing is the same. Bottom line: you just want the one for YOUR engine, don't care about the engine with 2 more or 2 less cylinders than you !!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, I want the one for the 2018 4.0 V6. It looks like Nissan uses the same filter for the 4cyl and 6cyl, all years. At least from what I can find online.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea who the manufacturer of this filter is. It just says Nissan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just checked Nissan and they have different part numbers too. 15208-65FOE for the 4 cyl and 15208-9E01A for the V6.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then it appears that the 6cyl filter is now used on the 4cyl as well. The 15208-9E01A is specifically listed for the 4cyl on the factory box. I guess it'll be okay to use it on the V6. It was the box listing it for the 4cyl that had me worried.
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is from the nissan dealerships web site I order my filters from.

Oil Filter

Oil Filter
15208-9E01A
Pick-up, Pathfinder. Nv full size Van. Sentra, 200SX. Frontier. Titan XD. Murano. Xterra. Armada. Maxima. Altima. Quest. GT-R. 3.5L. 3.0L. 2.4L. 2.5L. 3.3L. 5.6L. 4.0l. Xe & gxe. 2012-16. 2017-19. To 1/00. 1.8L, all. Exc.Calif. From 1/00. 6 cylinder. 1.8L, without clean air model.
$8.53
$5.89
ADD TO CART

·
Registered
31 Posts
My guess is the 4 cyl filter was actually larger than the V6 hence the 2 part numbers. WIX wants $5 more for the 4 cyl. I always buy WIX after reading a n in-depth report on various filters. They are NOT the same.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would rather have a larger filter but this seems to be the one for both now. If Nissan says to run it, then I guess it's good enough.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask somebody at Nissan why, if they were going to put a little door down on the skidplate to make you think you could reach the oil filter through it, didn't they make it just an inch larger? My hand won't make it through the door, past the sway bar and around the oil spiller tray. I have to remove the entire skid plate. It's the one thing that would keep me from buying another Frontier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You should experience the filter change on a Tacoma V6. Skid plate needs to be removed and the stupid canister is a PITA. Be glad you have a spin on filter.

·
Premium Member
10,028 Posts
That fits them all, same filter on my Titan, Rogue and Sentra, I used them on my Pathfinder and Frontiers as well.

Clint

·
Registered
1 Posts
That fits them all, same filter on my Titan, Rogue and Sentra, I used them on my Pathfinder and Frontiers as well.

Clint
[/QUOTE
My guess is the 4 cyl filter was actually larger than the V6 hence the 2 part numbers. WIX wants $5 more for the 4 cyl. I always buy WIX after reading a n in-depth report on various filters. They are NOT the same.
There is a video about oil filters on you tube. Where the mech cuts them apart and shows you the difference. I will never buy Fram filters again.

·
Premium Member
10,028 Posts
There are two Nissan part numbers and maybe a half inch difference in length, my dealer said either one is fine as they both fit the same on the open end.

Clint

1 - 20 of 40 Posts