Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to find a engine for my truck mine is about to die after 202000 miles is there a difference in years on the engine and if so when did they change and what changed. my truck is a 2006 2.5L 5speed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Roader i found the same thing on rock auto while i was waiting for someone to chime in i went back 3 pages and found Marsala4 asking about a wire diagram for the same thing he put a 15 motor in his 06 and everything was the same

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just make sure to swap the different sensors over. I believe the oxygen sensors were changed over to air/fuel sensors in either 08 or 09. The mass air flow meters may have changed also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
{update}!!!!! did a motor swap on my 06 frontier 2.5L 5spd had 202000 miles it decided to eat the cat conv. found a motor out of a 13 truck with stupid low miles used my old intake and head pipe everything is the same no changes !!!!! so forget rebuilds just swap em!!! 12years and no changes thats great just think new headlight and ill have a 2017 model truck

·
Registered
8 Posts
{update}!!!!! did a motor swap on my 06 frontier 2.5L 5spd had 202000 miles it decided to eat the cat conv. found a motor out of a 13 truck with stupid low miles used my old intake and head pipe everything is the same no changes !!!!! so forget rebuilds just swap em!!! 12years and no changes thats great just think new headlight and ill have a 2017 model truck
I have been looking for info in this for months! How did I miss it. Anyway, I just put a 2010 engine in my 06 and can't get it to start. I was about to order a 2010 computer but then came across this. So it was basically plug and play?? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had a shop install it for me because my wife would not let me do it .thats after i removed and installed a 5.9L in my dodge dakota,the shop used my old intake because the new (used) one was damaged in shipping they didnt tell me about any issues and they were quick about it 2 days just double ck all connections and fuses. when i looked at the two engines everthing was the same place and same connections

·
Registered
8 Posts
I appreciate you getting back to me so fast! I have done numerous engine swaps over the years so I figured this was gonna be a walk in the park. Everything looked identical. But for some reason I'm only getting spray from one injector when key is turned to "on". It shouldn't spray at all though. No pulse from the other 3 injectors when cranking. I was sure that dang ipdm ecm relay was the problem but no go. It's so hard to find anything on the Internet about the 2.5 frontier. I have all-data and that doesn't even help. Ugh!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man thats a hard one!!! they hung my manifold over the fender made me a little mad cause they scratched my fender they put the engine in then bolted manifold up maybe u have a plug connected in the wrong spot there is a cold start injector or you might have a pinched wire somewhere

1 - 11 of 11 Posts