Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it recommended that the 3" leveling kit with Prg Deaver 2 leaf spring also be installed with an UCA? Bear with me as I know very little about suspension and lifts.
Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
it is recommended because if you go look at your truck where the coilover is and the uca in respect to the coilbucket(where the top of the coilover is mounted) you will see that if you add three inches to your coilover it will push the lca down and bring the uca down also. Which puts the uca very close to the coilbucket so when your suspension extends the uca will hit the coilbucket and make a loud clunking. If you don't go off road at all then i would say go for it w/o the uca. I ran three inch spacers for a while and on the road it is'nt really that bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that makes it more clear, thanks for that. Ya I dont really go "offroading" but I do go offroad occasionally on a trail to get to a fishing spot or quadding spot, but i dont do it just for the sake of riding a trail or rock crawling. Would I still be ok with getting the 3" without the UCA in this situation?

·
Registered
571 Posts
yea i would say go for it. As long as you drive slow off road you probably won't even hear it. Also Prg has some bumpstops you can get that mount on the underside of the uca to help quiet the sound and provide cushion so its not metal to metal. also are you 2wd or 4wd, i didn't even think to ask, but if you are 4wd i would just go with the 2inch spacers.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have a 3" spacer without bumpstops and it's not that bad. if I go over a speedbump too fast I'll hear it or if I'm offroading with any kind of speed I'll hear it. But slow crawling i don't hear it at all. The only problem I have is that even with adjustable camber bolts I can't get enough camber adjustment. My tires still look like this \ / a bit and wear the outside tread faster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts