Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of those plug-in modules with a knob to adjust it - woah! what a difference - 200bhp and I can now spin the tyres happily from a standing start (in an auto, in the dry, with my standard issue 255/60/17 M+S tyres)...

any other diesel owners tried it?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You lucky lucky bastard !! lol
imagine just plugging something in to get 30 more HP
how much$$
how hard (do it yourself or mechanic)
what brand
how''s it work
more info ???? :)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Man, I wish you deisel owners would stop rubbing this neat stuff in our regular unleaded faces! :lol:

It's amazing how much extra power can be squeezed from a deisel with a just a few relatively inexpensive mods! It would take about a $1500 investment to do that with our gasoline powered Frontiers!

·
Registered
170 Posts
hey guy!,

nice!! there is a going to be D tronic unit coming for the Nav here in Oz shortly- if not already... should yield similar power increase I'd imagine..

I was looking under the bonnet today - idle curiosity and all, and I reckon if you replaced the nasty rubber collapsable turbo-intercooler-intercooler- throttle body hoses with something less collapsible( ie mandrel bent steel joined by rubber sections) you'd probably get a useful increase in throttle response, if not boost..

I discovered today that I can get some wheelspin out of corners in 2nd- even with the LSD..... hrmmm

Rowds

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very very simple - remove plastic cover on top of engine (two M6 bolts)

unplug sensor at end of fuel rail.

plug in box, plug loom back into box

find somewhere to cable tie box.

put cover back on

go for a drive. 1st attempt it was too much, and it went into limp mode. Reduced extra power a bit, and it was fine. No smoke, just extar power.

200 quid (300 dollars?)

called 'powerclick'

·
Registered
4 Posts
diesel owners- try this plug in box.

i have it in my king cab(frontier)navara 04 its 133hp original. And with the box it leaves 160hp / 380nm torque. Its just a plug in boks to put in the diagnostic output under hood. 2 screws and plug out the cable sticker When i go to service. Then i keep the warranty.
To some cars they also make a box that you can download the original and upload the tuning program and change again when you go to service. :lol: I baught it from the swedish company KCR. A friend of me has a 05 with the new engine 174hp org 200Hp / 400nm with the KCR powerboks. I Paid got the box for 810$ or 5000.- Nok

1 - 6 of 6 Posts