Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay it works!

had to clear cookies and log off/on. (rules said it might be a lil bit but this was over an hour)

anyways

i was having problems with overheating. took it to a shop and they said "i think it's headgaskets"

didnt like the "i think" part so i took it to another shop that said "i think it's headgaskets"

wasnt leaking coolant.
no oil in coolant.
no coolant in oil
no white smoke

i didnt trust them so right when i was about to throw in the towel and just trade in for something else i decided ill take it apart and see what i find.

took the water pump cover off and found out that the chain had fallen off the pulley

upon further inspection i found out that this water pump isnt even the right pump. it only had 1 set of gear teeth unlike the ones im seeing online that show 2.

(tchain with pump done 5-6k miles ago...)

followed some instructions that i saw posted here:

removed accessories.

turn crank to loosen chain on tensioner, remove tensioner, turn crank to loosen chain on water pump, remove pump, install new pump, turn crank to loosen tension on tensioner side, install new tensioner, reinstall accessories

the only * i have to all this is i cant remember if i turned crank clockwise or counter clockwise. instructions said counter clockwise.

go to crank it up and it cranks, but wont start. let it crank for about 30-45 seconds each time until the battery died.

thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok pulled a plug and it smells like fuel. cranked it over and i can smell fuel coming out of the cylinder.

grounded the plug against a bolt and i dont have spark.

what would cause a no spark situation on these?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
We'll assume that you have a Frontier. Year and engine and model might help; like a 1998 is way different than a 2017....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh sorry. i thought i updated my profile

it's a 2007 pathfinder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts