Nissan Frontier Forum banner

did nissan correct the radiator/transmission issue?

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ds30 
#1 ·
I just bought my second frontier, it's a 2019 V6 kingcab. my first one was a 2008. i put 341,000 miles on it, most of which came before the strawberry milkshake. i finally decided a new truck was in order so I bought another frontier. my question is, do i need to bypass the cooler for the transmission now? the truck is still a baby, it's only got 1400 miles on it.

#2 ·
You're good. There haven't been any reported radiator cooler problems after the 2011 models.

#3 ·
that's good to know. the transmission issue was a nightmare. took two different shops to fix it (that was my fault) the first guy rebuilt the transmission, the other put the new valve body in it. because the first guy underbid the job, and tried to skate on the valve body. other than that, the truck was trouble free. it sold me my new one long before i went to the dealer ??

#4 ·
I’ve got the same truck but a 2012 and I too was worried about this coming from an 06 model, I bypassed it at 122 k and was good. It was the other problem that plagued it .. timing chain issues. Anyways I feel confident in smj’s statements since he’s been around and on at least two Nissan forums that I know of.

#7 ·
All is fine now, enjoy the new truck.
Clint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.