Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I notice some blems in the paint of my 06 KC.....sure enough I look through the records of the body shop at the chevy dealership I work for ( we do the body work for the nissan dealer I bought my truck from)....anyways....it was repaired before I bought the truck....only 500 bucks worth of damage....regardless of that fact, thr damage was not disclosed to me......so I talk to the dealer....they say best they can do is repaint it. ( dr. side third door and whole bedside).....and give me some accessories.....I told them I'd think about....so meanwhile I called Nissan customer care and told them this was unacceptable....I bought a "new" vehicle...therefore it should be new .....not refinished!! So I told themn I want a replacement vehicle that is NEW!! Waiting to hear back sometime today or tomorrow....anything else I can do at this point?? or do I just wait to hear back from the regional rep?

· Registered
171 Posts
I think you did, Id been pissed if I bought a wrecked NEW truck, my dealer washed my truck after they filled it up and deeply scrached my extended cab drivers glass, and lightly scrached the paint, said bring it in and theyd take a look at it, BS. Hope you get another truck, Iam keeping my scratched one .

· Registered
2,759 Posts
Can you say Attorney! I do believe it is illegal for them to sell a damaged vehicle without disclosing that fact to you! You may want to research the laws in your state to be sure, but if they are required to disclose damage and failed to do so, you could be entitled to more than just a few accessories and a paint job! How bout a new Frontier, and by the way, toss a 350Z in the bed for good measure! :lol:

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
from what I understand the repair costs have to exceed a certain percentage of the MSRP in order for the dealer to be legally obligated to disclose damage....according to the RO from the bodyshop....there were no parts replced just a repair and refinish.....supposedly it was just a scratch....time will tell

· Registered
455 Posts
Here in Alberta the damage only has to be disclosed to the buyer if it exceeds $2500. But since this is a new vehicle I would fight it to the bitter end.

· Registered
118 Posts
My truck had some scratches on the rim of the bed under the rear glass. The dealer tried to charge me 15 bucks for touch up paint. I got them to give me that but trying to get anything more wasn't worth it to me.

· Registered
1,290 Posts
I was first looking at an 05 at a dealer in GA. After I drove it and started to make the deal my wife noticed a dent and some scratches in the tailgate. I asked the salesman about it and he said it have been broken into. I asked him how much more he was going to take off. Of course he said nothing, that they would get their body shop to touch it up and I would never know it. So I said SU and left. Then that's when I decided to special order from a local dealer. I told them if it had one scratch on it after they washed it, the deal was off. The salesman and I went over it front to back twice. Now it's got a few dings and scratches but at least I did it not them.

I believe you should at least get that area repainted and maybe a few bucks back or accessories. If that's a good body shop that does the work it will probably be a better paint job than the factory did. The paint does chip and scratch easily. Of course if it was wrecked that's a different situation. Good luck!

· Registered
393 Posts
If it was just a scratch, hell yah, I would let them refinish it and give me all the accessories I wanted. But then again, a $500 scratch? Is it that bad? I we don't know if you can go w/o your truck for that long, unless you personally make sure that it makes it to the top of the to do list!! :lol:

· Registered
26 Posts
When I got my new 05 KCLE there were several things I noticed after I took delivery. The dealer, Inskip Nissan of Warwick, RI took care of everything no questions asked. The had to repaint part of the roof, replace the chrome trim around the auto shifter, replace the bed extender brackets (rusty washers) and replace the spring clip on the gas cap. They were really very accomodating I feel confident that if I find anything else they'll cover it as well. On top of all that, they give me a loaner if they have to keep it over night.

Some dealers are better than others. I hope you make out OK because these are really great trucks.

· Registered
537 Posts
Always go above the Dealerships head. And if you have to go above the regional managers head.
This looks really bad for Nissan and the Dealerships. Your Dealership does not want this to get very far. That is why they will give you a new paint job and accesories.
If this is the only dealership in your area then I would take the new paint job and accesories and forget it. (you want to have some kind of relationship left)
If not then continue to make phone calls and get on the phone with the Regional manager and see what they intend to do about the fraud they committed.

I like conflict, can you tell.

· Registered
357 Posts
Thanks to this discussion, I just realized that I got the front driver's seat of an SE on my LE. THe dealer said to bring it in at my convenience and they would trade out the seat while I wait.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to let those in FLA know.... If the damage that occurred costs less than 3% of the MSRP or $650.....whichever is less....they are not legally obligated to inform you of the damage!!! Wouldn't ya know it....mine was $31.75 less than that threshold amount.....cough....somebody must have accidentally mis-typed the labor time on that repair order to keep it under the limit..... Cough

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well....as of right now....seeing as how the dealership is owned by my employer...i don't wanna get fired sooooo... i am gonna try and get some combo of Nismo headers, side steps, trailer hitch, fog lights, and a bed extender....if there was a Nismo intake out yet I would include that in the list....and on top of that they have to fix it the right way and put me in a rental...so we shall see....I'll let ya know how it goes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.