Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any idea how to figure out what axle is in my truck? does the VIN give it away? some code numbers stamped somewhere? on the axle itself? would the dealer know. hahahahaaahahaa LOL, good one eh? would the dealer know, haha, i kill me.

·
Registered
762 Posts
any idea how to figure out what axle is in my truck? does the VIN give it away? some code numbers stamped somewhere? on the axle itself? would the dealer know. hahahahaaahahaa LOL, good one eh? would the dealer know, haha, i kill me.
Are you looking for the actual model of the axle or the gears you have? If you're just looking for the model it's fairly easy to determine just by looking at the axle. The M226 is more pentagonal, the C200k is pretty much round. If you're looking for the gear ratio, it's printed on a tag that's on the rear diff.

There's also a thread that will tell you everything you want to know about your diff on here somewhere.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
A Frontier SE with an automatic came stock with a C200K rear axle. If you read the sticky on the page where you posted this thread, you will learn all you need to know about axles and gearing.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,804 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why are the sticky and this thread overly complicating identifying the type of axle (when you aren't worried about the gear ratio because you just need to know which differential oil to use)? It's pretty darn simple.
Count the bolts
8 bolts- C200
More than 8 bolts- M226

Reactions: NCalFrontier
1 - 7 of 7 Posts