Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all.

I have searched the forums for a first gen write up with pics on installing a suspension lift, I've come up empty.

The problem I've found with that dang search button is every thread that says suspension anywhere in it comes up, so if any of y'all have some insight I'd be in your debt.

I'm still new to working on my frontier but my outlook on installing my own lift is there is only one way to learn, do it myself. It's not that I mind paying someone to do it for money, but when crap starts messing up I like having the knowledge on how to fix it myself...

So with that said if there isnt a write up done up on the first gen susp. lifts, consider doing one maybe? Any helpful tips from your experinces too.

Thanks y'all

·
Registered
34 Posts
Since you already have a 2 inch BL, crank your torsion bars and add some shackles in the rear. Should give you another 2 inches so with some bigger tires you should gain about 5 or 6 in total. You wont need anymore than that to clear 33's.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've seen how this man drives and he def. needs all the travel and clearence he can get

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not trying to take over this thread but dublduty you have done exactly what i want to do. Did you crank your torsion bars with stock ucas or did you buy new ones and how big of shackles did you use?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used my stock UCA's and cranked them about 2 full inches and added 2 inch lift blocks in the rear. Stock shocks. Took it to an alignment shop afterward to get the camber adjusted. All is well. Didn't even change the ride at all. Good luck and PM me if you run into any problems. I highly doubt it though..
Not trying to take over this thread but dublduty you have done exactly what i want to do. Did you crank your torsion bars with stock ucas or did you buy new ones and how big of shackles did you use?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LMAO!!! Maybe he should look into a Calmini or an AC

YEa he is definately not kidding about that haha, I drive my truck like a truck. When I post the pics of my body lift you will see the underside and know that my 4 wheel drive gets used.

I already ordered the AC lift with add a leafs and shocks.. pretty much all I am looking for is a better write up on how to install it..

·
Registered
132 Posts
The AC lift comes with pretty decent instructions. I used them along with the Hanes manual for our truck and was able to get through it. The AC parts website has the same instructions under their instructions link. Have you looked at those already?

This link has some pictures as well:

Nissan Nut

1 - 8 of 8 Posts