Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So uh anyone here no how to get dents from a stump running down the side of the truck out(right passenger door and wheel well)? Also have some crazy scratches but im probably just gonna have to herculine, unless anyone has ideas.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Pic's?

If it's in the door you may be able to remove the inner door panel and push it out.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
pics.?

Paintless dent removal guy(s)?
I know a guy in the Tri Valley who smoothed out a palm sized dent for me.. it's $$$ tho'.

I gotta few rock bulges from the Swampers kick'n em' up inside the fender.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
depending on how bad it it, your probably looking at reskinning the door and bed side. paintless dent repair only works if the metal hasn't creased or stretched much.

on a side note, anyone else find it funny that someone going by kamikaze is worried about a dent?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
PDR would not work with a stump LOL
well besides bodywork?
um try to bang and push it out.
i need some pics to guide you tho

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,353 Posts
go to a shop. i doubt reskinning is necessary - ive bashed my quarter panel up 6" and it pulled out and i have also pulled the side of my door out 3" and it hammered out fine.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Cheapest way....Hammer and Dolly. I think I even saw a Nylon faced dolly to aid in not messing up the paint once. If you don't have the room, (ie: from inside the door), then probably have to go to a pro and have it pulled. Unless you can weld??? But either way, at that point your gona need paint most likely.

Need pics.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Maybe pulled out with glass handlers (glaziers) suction cup - again, if not creased too badly.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
any or all of these suggestions may apply. There is not enough information, detail, or imagery to form anything resembling an actual plan though.
pics kamikaze pics!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
^^I second that. If this is a new trick for removing dents I wana know about it. HAHA

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,353 Posts
You just need some 30w oil and some ball bearings.
you need to post a 100 more welcomes in the newbie threads before that shites credible

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
what in the hell are you talking about? is this another useless post just to get your count up?
It is a quote from the movie Fletch. Since everyone else was offering suggestions with no idea how bad it was, I thought I would add some humor to it. As for useless posts to get my count up, 5 more and I get a set of steak knives. :thebirdman:

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My bad guys been crazy busy with work. Yea i realise ive built the whip for going off road but its still a daily driver so dents kinda suck. There not too bad minus the ones on the wheelwell. This weekend ill try and get them out as best i can then im just going to herculine to right above it. Eventually i foresee the whole truck being lined.

Seconds after "The Stump"

after effect

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
a rubber mallet and a rubber dolly for the least amount of damage.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Rubber dolly?

took the door panels off and tryed bangin out the dents but they popped right back in havent even ****ed with the wheelwell yet.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Rubber dolly?

took the door panels off and tryed bangin out the dents but they popped right back in havent even ****ed with the wheelwell yet.
see if you can find one. im sure they make them. and you need to bang around the the affected area not just on it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts