Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Weathertech mats are better anyway.

That explains the 3rd key with the blacked out Nissan logo and a metal ID tag on the ring. Wondered what that was for.

I bought the only PRO-4X in my region that didn't come with floor mats from the factory. The downside of looking at literally every single Frontier within a 1-2 hour range is that I somehow overlooked this omission and had to buy them after the fact. They weren't too bad, only $100, but still.

I don't know if there's any liner in the dash tray, I've literally never even looked up there. I do have the cup holder inserts though.

Dammit, I should have asked for a Nissan hat! :mad:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Weathertech mats are better anyway.
I looked at the Weathertechs on a friends truck, and I didn't like them. I know everyone else raves about them, but I wasn't a fan.

Sweet talk???

Ask for your salesman & when he/she walks up, ask really loudly... “Dude! Where’s the hat you promised me when I bought my rig a couple weeks back?? Oh... and grab one for my bro Munga, too! And quit tryinna rip us off, yo!”...

:cool:
haha I forgot to check back on this thread, but my hat should be arriving sometime early next week! I asked them about it and they didn't have any hats, so they ordered me one.

·
Registered
558 Posts
What about mine? You hooked me up, right?

·
Registered
558 Posts
haha totally forgot! :LOL:
Flip that thumbs up upside down!

Totally forgot... and here I thought we were solid cousins. Like the ol’ saying goes, “ if you want something done right...”

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So, I had the step bars and "tow kit" installed today (part of the sale but they had to order in parts). The tow kit includes the hitch receiver and electrical connection but not the ball and mount? Is that correct? And is it best to keep something in the receiver to protect it? I've seen some rubber steps or flat plates with logos on them in others. Sorry, I'm very new to the truck/towing scene.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My ball and hitch came under my seats in the back. Came in a cardboard box. Although the dealer could have just placed it in there before I bought the vehicle

·
Registered
558 Posts
I got the ball mount, but not the ball. My dealer said it wasn’t included.

Did anyone receive any nets/covers for their under-seat storage bins?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Net storage bins seemed to have stopped being included from around MY 2015/2016 or thereabouts. I asked my dealer about them for my 2019 Pro4X. He had no listing for this part for MY2019. Regardless, he was good enough to order me one from a third party supplier and ship to me directly.

At least you got the ball mount! My truck didn’t seem to come with the ball mount or ball. But as it wasn’t listed on the Monroney label, I didn’t push the issue with the dealer. Instead, I simply bought one off of Amazon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No nets here either (2019 SV). The only thing in the box in backseat was 4 cleats for the utilitrack. I guess the mount and ball are dependant on the trailer anyway are they?

·
Registered
558 Posts
No nets here either (2019 SV). The only thing in the box in backseat was 4 cleats for the utilitrack. I guess the mount and ball are dependant on the trailer anyway are they?
The ball is. There are different mounts to account for different heights (truck lifts) and possibly for different trailer hitch configurations, I’m not sure. I don’t tow anything (yet).

Along with the ball mount, I received a rubber receiver plug, a mount pin (to secure the ball mount in the receiver) and a plastic gizmo that appears to be some kind of cable retainer. All supposedly part of the tow package.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like the ball mount and receiver cover all come as part of the bed extender/tow package according to Nissanusa.com. Grrrr! Means that I should have gotten those from my dealer as well!! Oh well, given that he threw in the all season mats and the under seat cargo net without charge, I guess I can’t complain (too much!).

·
Registered
112 Posts
My '18 SV 4x4 with the Value package came with the bed extender, tow package, but no receiver cover (and no underseat cargo nets). That's ok, I bought my own cover and I like it better.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Demand floor mats, you should get two cup holder inserts, and a kind of worthless dash tray liner. Make ‘em give you a Nissan hat. And tell ‘em I’m pissed that I didn’t think to demand one. And lunch. Go for a cheeseburger. With onion rings & a malt.
Mine came with all Weather Mats premium goodness for sure

·
Registered
707 Posts
My '18 SV 4x4 with the Value package came with the bed extender, tow package, but no receiver cover (and no underseat cargo nets). That's ok, I bought my own cover and I like it better.
View attachment 309942
This is my Cover took it off one of my Videos i have a thing for Skulls i also have a cheap one that says Frontier
As shown i Clipped them both from old videos i made

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't waste your time with the Nissan ball mount. Get this one from Curt:

The extra length allows the mount to slide much farther into the receive than the OEM one.

My '19 Pro came with floor mats, but I don't remember if they were on the window sticker or not. I ordered a set of Weather Techs the day after I picked it up. They are much nicer than the factory mats, but not perfect. Would have gone with Husky X-act Contour or Weatherbeater but they don't make them for the Frontier.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts