Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, just droppin off at pepboys and isaw this new definity dakota m/ts... i asked one of the salesman how much does it cost and they come cheap. $99 bucks for each tires!!! oooah!!! its a great deal!! who does used this already?? i might drop my money on this...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Never heard of Dakota before...not a name brand I'm familiar with...

I would stay away from lower-end brands like general, cooper, and now dakota...etc.

If you want good tires...then I'd say keep your eyes on the prize..go with firestone, goodyear, BFgoodrich, or pirellis if you wanna sink some doe...

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
but yeah these thing is so tempting... i wanna buy another set bro for my truck.

all i heard is that definity is a sister company of COOPER tires...

but allen still tempted to buy BFg's all terrain.. i mean, everyone is running with it. and they last longer.. with 16/32" tread, thats deep.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
help!!! actually i wanna get a M/T tires.. i don't know how they last, like firestone destination M/T's.. i heard about great reviews about this. but i am little bit concern about fitting it on my stocker 15" rims no lift and noise levels.. my Bridgestone A/T revos have a bad noise already... and 30K i shred all its might. i have 6/32'" on its tread.

also thinking about BFgs A/T..

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
isx_frontier said:
help!!! actually i wanna get a M/T tires.. i don't know how they last, like firestone destination M/T's.. i heard about great reviews about this. but i am little bit concern about fitting it on my stocker 15" rims no lift and noise levels.. my Bridgestone A/T revos have a bad noise already... and 30K i shred all its might. i have 6/32'" on its tread.

also thinking about BFgs A/T..
OK first your yell 'help!!!' because you actually want to get an M/T tire...then at the end, you say you're also thinking about BFG A/T's?? geez make up your mind man....hahaha

Sorry, Im bored:hi:

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
I havent really heard of any M/T's that last more than 40k.

Tread depth is no gauge of how long a tire will last. Mine started at 19/32's and at 27k, they're about done. (I'll stretch them to april because I want 30k from them.

If you want a tire that will last, BFG A/T can last a long time, I got nearly 70k out of the set I had on my D21. Then again, if you've killed Revo's in 30k, I doubt anything is going to last long for you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
When I bought these tires I figured 25,000 and they would be shot and I was fine with that. I paid $900 for 4 tires and the alignment. I also drive 95% on road. I did a little research and Dakota, Durango and Cooper I believe are made by the same company from what I found but thats not 100% fact. It just looks like all of the tires from each of them have a diff. name and same tread pattern.

I just took a better look. The tires you showed are they new version of mine. I have a less aggressive sidewall and no sipes. I think next time I get tires I'm going with Hankook Dynapro M/Ts. My cousin just got them on his lifted Titan and they look a lot better than mine plus they handle better on the street. In the mud/snow they are really close to what I have.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
99 bucks a tire is cheap. i have never heard of that brand though so im not to sure if id get those. I dont know if you have a gerolds tire close by? I know my buddy got a nice set of kumho m/ts put on for 500 dollars. They are 285/75/16s. He loves them says there really good on the road for a m/t, and they do very well off road. Im going to be getting tires within the next few weeks and im going down to gerolds to get the ones he has.. im not sure if he got them on sale because 500 is a damn good deal for them tires... but hopefully i can get the same deal!

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Donahue57 said:
When I bought these tires I figured 25,000 and they would be shot and I was fine with that. I paid $900 for 4 tires and the alignment. I also drive 95% on road. I did a little research and Dakota, Durango and Cooper I believe are made by the same company from what I found but thats not 100% fact. It just looks like all of the tires from each of them have a diff. name and same tread pattern.

I just took a better look. The tires you showed are they new version of mine. I have a less aggressive sidewall and no sipes. I think next time I get tires I'm going with Hankook Dynapro M/Ts. My cousin just got them on his lifted Titan and they look a lot better than mine plus they handle better on the street. In the mud/snow they are really close to what I have.
I was hoping for 30k out of the trxus I have, paid 850 for 5 tires.

·
Registered
84 Posts
On the Jeepforum they are talking about them, largest size being 31x10.5x15, but they come with a 40,000 mile warranty. Made by Cooper. Definately interested in them as my BFG A/T's are getting real low and have only lasted 30,000, mainly road driven. Pepboys site wasn't working for me to find out more though.

Bill3508

·
Registered
648 Posts
I know some guys around here that have them. Never heard any complaints, only praise to how cheap they were.
Keep an eye out because the Pep Boys around here seems to do the "buy 3 get one free" deal. Which mounted would put around 350 for 4 MT's. Thats a deal that would be tough to pass up.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
isx_frontier said:
hi, just droppin off at pepboys and isaw this new definity dakota m/ts... i asked one of the salesman how much does it cost and they come cheap. $99 bucks for each tires!!! oooah!!! its a great deal!! who does used this already?? i might drop my money on this...
I've seen those on a couple of trucks...they look cool

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
PRO COMPS :)

i love my M/Ts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
fusionfronty99 said:
PRO COMPS :)

i love my M/Ts
but those are kinda expensive...

bungyfish said:
I know some guys around here that have them. Never heard any complaints, only praise to how cheap they were.
Keep an eye out because the Pep Boys around here seems to do the "buy 3 get one free" deal. Which mounted would put around 350 for 4 MT's. Thats a deal that would be tough to pass up.
sure i'll do... i am waiting for it to be sell buy 3 get 1 free!!!

Pepboys site wasn't working for me to find out more though.

Bill3508[/quote]

well.. that sucks... did you check your browser??

well, my dream tires would be firestone destination M/T... but i dont know the actual price to it, also its hard to find it here in sO CAL....

·
Registered
84 Posts
They are doing the buy 3 get 1 free deal right now. Its a rebate deal where you get a check for the one tire later. I called and was quoted $106 a piece for the tires with a total of $565.06 and then I guess $106 off that with the rebate. I'm not sure how it added up to that much but thats with install, warranty, new stems , etc, which you have to have to get the deal. So basically with the rebate you get install and balancing free. Around $460 for a set of M/T's isn't bad. The site is working now as well.

Bill3508

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I would go head an pull the trigger and buy them I am always trying out different types of tires out when I need to by them. The Mud Brutes that I have have about 30,000 miles on them and going strong. The only complaint I have about my tires are that they roar like a beast going down the road not saying that is a bad thing but if you are looking for a mud tire will little road noise (like there is one out there) these are not for you

1 - 20 of 66 Posts