Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a deer run into the side of my truck a few days ago on rt 12 in WV.
Sounded like it hit behind the rear wheel but I really have no idea because there isn't so much as a scratch! Reminds me of those Toyota commercials in which the truck gets wrecked and then drives away. Well, a Frontier can do that too!!:fantastic:

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts
Good to hear there isn't any damage. Last deer I hit with a car was $7000 and that was 1997 prices.

Clint

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Lucky you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lucky indeed! I was 700 miles from home, so I can ony imagine the predicament I would have been in had I not been so lucky....

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
rt 12 in wv does not sound like a safe place when you live over 700 miles away

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
The deer I hit with the frontier did somewhere around $3k damage. You're lucky

·
Registered
452 Posts
When I had my F250, I had a deer bound up over the bank just as I was going by and he went headlong into the driver's side rear door and dented the crap out of it and they had to replace the door panel. Funny thing was I completely ran over him with the rear tire and he still disappeared before I could get out of the truck.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
OP, glad everything came out o.k!

IIRC somebody here with a Full Hooped Shrock bumper smacked a deer @ >50mph... looked likey messy crime scene. lol

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The Toyotas drive away in those commercials cause the accelerator is stuck :).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I wish they'd extend the hunting season. I think more deer are killed on the highways than by hunters in some states. I hit one in my '86 Toyota truck. Stupid deer tried to jump over the truck's cab ..... and didn't make it. I'm lucky that it didn't come into the cab and join me. I was covered in glass and the roof was creased in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've had many close calls. I drive a lot of back roads early in the morning with good deer populations and know to watch for them. Hit my first one two weeks ago. Very snowy, windy morning - 5:00AM. Was only doing about forty mph, just negotiating the drifts and she was there before I could even get my foot off the gas pedal. Minimal damage to the front bumper. Most people wouldn't have even noticed it, but I knew it was there and had the bumper replaced.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I wish they'd extend the hunting season. I think more deer are killed on the highways than by hunters in some states. I hit one in my '86 Toyota truck. Stupid deer tried to jump over the truck's cab ..... and didn't make it. I'm lucky that it didn't come into the cab and join me. I was covered in glass and the roof was creased in.
I'm a member of a hunting club that kills around 200 deer every year and I have almost hit deer multiple times even driving around are club land and my dad did hit one, they're so many deer its ridiculous

1 - 15 of 15 Posts