Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says.. i decided to do the 3" bl instead of cutting my feders/front bumper to clear my 33x12.50s.. and my question is were there any major issues you guys ran into doing this that i should be prepared about and how did you overcome them? Also,how about an estimated time frame it took you to complete it. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
If you dont know what you're in for set aside a whole weekend to do it. Body lifts aren't hard work they are just long and a pain in the rear. Get 1 or 2 friends to give you a hand. Oh, and get a can or two of some pb blaster or another penetrating oil.

Also have you considered just doing a 2 inch body lift? Many of the extensions are not needed if you dont go about 2.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
i did my 3inch bl and i found the hardest part wast the steering shaft extension do to it being rust welded. i also didnt drop the radiator or extend the t case shifter like it tells you to

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
The actual install itself is pretty easy. It's just tedious since there are so many steps. You should be able to complete it or come close within a day by yourself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I considered the 2" until i found a guy on craigslist who had a brand new 3" kit for $150.. didnt think i could pass it up. So I guess I will share my news once im finished with it, hoping it will not take a whole weekend. Im going for an 8 or so hour project so I don't miss the VT/Bama game saturday night.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I'm not saying it will take you a whole weekend. Depends on your mechanical abilities and how many problems your run in to. It definitely could be done in 8 hours.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i got the lift put on this weekend, 12 hours later and 2 advance auto trips(bc i decided to go ahead and replace some belts while it was open). 3 incher was a tough one. welding and cutting involved. Ill try to get some pics up this week of the bl and sl with the 33s.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would also, what rims are you running and tires? what did you have to trim to run 33's?

Please list all your mods because i am planning the same exact lift and tire size.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i have the calmini 3" suspension, the performance accessories 3" BL. They look like Eagle Alloy type 99 Chromes (not really sure bc i got them from a guy on craigslist for $50) 15"x8" rims on 33x12.50 geolander M/Ts. I had to trim about a 3x1" piece on the inside of the bumper, just up to where the thin brace thingy is holding the bumper to the frame, just for extra clearance, but my torision bars aren't cranked all the way up because I dont want to pay to get it aligned again since it is already not perfectly aligned. Like i said, ill try to get some up soon this week.. busy with school and work so.. be patient

·
Registered
62 Posts
sounds good man. i too am planning roughly the same lift as you, i'd like to see it. What backspacing do you have?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can you take pictures of where you trimmed aswell, thanks for all your help. Also if you could get a picture taken of you next to the door to see how high it comes up to you. I'm 5'10" so just trying to see what it would look like

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Embarrassing, but how do I post a picture? I can't seem to figure it out..

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
you need to host the photo on a picture/video hosting website. i use photobucket.com so i have an album but many people use imageshack. once you upload the photos to that site you need to get the direct link to that photo and put it between these two strings on characters. [ img] link here [/ img] only with no spaces between the sets of brackets.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ill upload them to my cardomain account and post the link.. Thanks

Cardomain.com

Enjoy! (Its dark out so Ill get the pic of me standing next to it later but just for a reference, im 5'8 and the top of the bed comes up to my chin.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
BA man, looks good. What backspacing do you have on there? Any rubbing issues thus far?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank ya. I'm not sure what the backspacing its.. I didn't measure it and like i said, i got the rims from some guy on craigslist so its a guess as to what kind they are to begin with. The only rubbing issue im still having is when im turning and hit a big bump where it causes the front end to drop down and i think its just rubbing on the frame because its clear of the bumper..

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Sorry to be a bother but could we get a straight on side shot. I'm interested in seeing how well you can see the frame now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts