Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2015 Pro4X CC in Super Black. VERY nice condition. I want to put two nice decals on the back window - one on each side... So I am asking for opinions. I think the nice decals give personality and a little flavor to who is driving it. I used to do it on my Element long ago.. I picked a theme and went with it. Looked cool. :)

Do any of you do the window decal thing?

I am trying to decide between Star Wars themed, classy looking Empire stickers - since the truck is black and they would make sense... Or one Wonder Woman and a Superman on the other side honoring my dad that passed. I don't want to put any color decals -they'd be just white to pop on the tinted black windows.

Thoughts?

I know... what a dumb topic. LOL

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I put my college logo decal on the inside of my back window, but it can hardly be seen even with the factory tint. Your notion to use white decals is a good one.

(Go Vols!)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woo! Go Vols!! I have a bunch of fam in East Tenn and my cousin goes to U of T. :) Yas, white decals for sure.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Not dumb at all. Sound like a reasonable question.
One thing about decals, they can go on the inside of the windows as opposed to stickers. Makes them a lot more durable. I have a IGFA decal on the inside of the shell on my Dodge. Been there for 13 years.
I make my own decals. Not hard to do. I print what I want on my printer and then copy on to decal paper. Coat with clear.
As far as theme, do what you like.
Stickers and decals only go on my truck if somehow they helped me with my build.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! Awesome work. Mine are more of a "this is my truck" customization... I could put K&N, XD and Nitto decals on if I wanted to. I still might on the side windows... haven't decided. I am just too excited for my own damn good. Haven't been this excited since I put a carbon fiber hood on my 2003 Element. LOL

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Yeah, I have a lot of stickers that I could put on but like I said, only if they had helped me with my build.
Maybe if I get on their race program I will put on a large Toyo sticker.
Don't want to miss lead you. Most on the truck are stickers, done by a shop.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I won't be doing anything actually on the truck itself. Just on the windows. :) Yours looks very cool.

PS - Mine already has all of the Pro4X stickers all over it. LOL

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Nothing wrong with customizing your truck with decals - some folks like them & some don't.

I don't like decals on the back window unless they are black reflective. Have black reflective ones on my roof rack and Nfab bar on each side. Left rear window has fishing and FSU theme, right rear has firearms, 2nd amendment, veterans theme. Under my 4X decals on the rear sides added silver US flags (right side reversed).

Been wanting to add thin blue and red line US flags in support of our police and firefighters somewhere but no more space.

Attachments

Reactions: UncleG

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided to go with the dark side theme for my new truck. Big nerd here. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Black truck I would. I've bought a few decals from this guy - probably could customize a few for you.

Reflective decals

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are nice!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have always had an affinity for pelicans and it's also in my handle, so I put this on my back window on the passenger side.
Awe very nice! Love it. The white really pops.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Wow -- that's a GREAT looking truck Boomer! Very nice work.

Dittoes on your pelican decal Pelican! I sent it on to my wife and kid -- it'll make them smile I know.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have always had an affinity for pelicans and it's also in my handle, so I put this on my back window on the passenger side.
Now I know why your username is @Pelican_Flyer. I have an affinity as well for those types of birds. Egrets, pelicans, cranes, geese, and flamingos are all my favorite birds. ::smile::

·
Registered
305 Posts
Now I know why your username is @Pelican_Flyer. I have an affinity as well for those types of birds. Egrets, pelicans, cranes, geese, and flamingos are all my favorite birds. ::smile::
Yeah, pelicans have been around me since I was in single-digits. My first memory was a preschool play in which I played a pelican and sang a song in a really cool pelican costume my mom made. ::grin:: They've been following me around ever since. So when it came time for a decal, it was an obvious choice for me. My handle came before this forum and it's unusual enough, that I've never been hit with a "name already in use" warning when registering somewhere. I'm also a casual pilot, so it fit.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah, pelicans have been around me since I was in single-digits. My first memory was a preschool play in which I played a pelican and sang a song in a really cool pelican costume my mom made. ::grin:: They've been following me around ever since. So when it came time for a decal, it was an obvious choice for me. My handle came before this forum and it's unusual enough, that I've never been hit with a "name already in use" warning when registering somewhere. I'm also a casual pilot, so it fit.
Lol. ::laugh:: It seems like you would go bird watching only to see pelicans. I would not be surprised if you even secretly had a pet pelican living with you. Pelicans are always at beaches or harbors, so I assume that you grew up also around or near a beach or harbor?

@Pelican_Flyer look at my updated signature. What is your response to it? ::grin::>:D::laugh::

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lol. ::laugh:: It seems like you would go bird watching only to see pelicans. I would not be surprised if you even secretly had a pet pelican living with you. Pelicans are always at beaches or harbors, so I assume that you grew up also around or near a beach or harbor?

@Pelican_Flyer look at my updated signature. What is your response to it? ::grin::>:D::laugh::
LOL, love it! My Frontier-soul twin. ::grin:::nerd:

Yep, grew up a mile from the Atlantic Ocean in south Florida. Now I live in north Florida and if I could kick a field goal, I could hit the water from my home.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And here I am with my Star Wars stickers... Biggest nerd of them all.

·
Registered
374 Posts
And here I am with my Star Wars stickers... Biggest nerd of them all.

:nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd: Enjoy!!!:nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts