Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 06' KC V6 LE with 6-speed. It has 50k miles but rides extremely well. Very similar ride quality of my 00' Tundra Limited TRD (also had bilstiens shocks stock).

Anyways, now that I am a Fronty owner, I realized I should have looked for the Nismo trim-line.
I am not an off-road person, but like to customize and boost performance w/o going overboard.

So my first question is; Does the Nismo(Bilstien shocks) give you that same smooth, but slightly firm ride that I am getting now in my Fronty??
Or does it change the comfort zone being that they are made for off-road as well?

Also, any advice on buying a used nismo bilstien shocks and coilover pkg (got a few deals on this forum for lightly used for $300.)
OR should I go for Rancho. Again not gonna go 4-wheelin anytime soon or lift the suspension. I will however upgrade rim size later on....

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
See sig :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get those ^^^^^^^^^ there should are several NISMO bilsteins that come up for sale when people upgrade there shocks.. If you realy want to go all out get some from PRG and then put a rear sway bar on for best street performance.
So there is no ride difference between the nismo suspension and the stock frontier suspension?

Sway bar huh.... Didn't think of that.

thanks for the reply.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I would hate to spend extra money on something that is good now.... Like I have said, my stock suspension is surprisingly good. Really quiet and smooth. I was thinking the bilstiens would make my ride even more comfortable than what it is now.

The last thing I want, is my ride quality to suffer just to have high performace shocks. Again, mainly street use, with an occasional camp trip every blue moon...

But the sway bar sounds great, brings me back to 1999, when I went through my "fast n furious" days with my Eclipse.....

Thanks for the info....
Anyone felt a major diffference with the sway bars on??

·
Registered
49 Posts
replaced my oem's with bilsteins this past spring. they had 24k miles at the time. the oem's weren't worn out for sure (not much difference in ride, so i hung onto them). if i had to do it over again, i'd save the $$ for something else.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Apparently the radflos available through PRG are pretty dreamy as far as the ride goes

·
Registered
50 Posts
PRG advanced pkg is sweet and once they settle the ride is soft. I only bothered to replace shocks because my stocks had 100,000 Northeast miles on em.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Those are probably the way to go, but whatever you do, don't get Rancho anything, I had some RS5000s, and a year after I installed them, they bled out, pieces of junk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts