Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Carfax is clean, one owner.
Was it a trade or from auction (Carfax should tell you if it went to auction). Dealer should also tell you how they acquired it. I’m assuming the one owner was not fleet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I chose a Frontier over the Tacoma. Primary reason was the Tacoma has a composite bed. I use a bed mounted hoist type lift to lift my power wheelchair into the bed. I could not find one that could be mounted in a composite bed.

I know this isn’t a common problem, but for me it was a deal breaker.

DON

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my 2018 pro4x from a dealer in south Florida at the end of 2018 with 15k on it. No leather or sunroof. The Carfax was clean but was most definitely a demo or lease/rental vehicle and I paid $24998 for it before everything else. So a 3 year old truck should be around the $21-23 range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my 2016 PRO-4X with 16K miles on it in 2018 for $25K from a Chrysler dealer in Atlanta - flew down from VT to get it because it was such a good deal compared with anything I could find in New England, AND, it's a 6-speed manual! No leather or sunroof but loaded with everything else. Absolutely LOVE everything about this truck!.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel like Frontier prices are artificially inflated right now. I'm in the same boat, I like all the mods you can do to a Taco, but I just prefer the Frontier. I want a Pro X with leather and sunroof and I'm having the worst luck finding one used at a reasonable price. I have a feeling values are going to drop once the 2020's start arriving at dealers again (new engine) and then drop again next year when the 3rd gen arrives. It seems like we're stuck in this weird time warp, but that is par for the course for 2020. Thanks to those that shared in here what they paid, all of those deals seem very reasonable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carfax is clean, one owner.
That one owner can be a rental or fleet in my experience. Try to dig deeper and see. I have had bad
Bought a brand new 2019 pro 4x (7miles on the idol) for 22k after the 7000 Nissan rebate and 4000 dealer rebate! Put a 4K down payment. Didn’t need gap insurance bc my equity was so high. I love this truck! View attachment 318557 View attachment 318557
where are you? I am in TN and just got raked for $29k on the most bottom line SV Crew Cab-it doesn’t even have auto headlights?! They at least through in a sunroof and $1500 to help pay off my previous auto.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2016 pro4x. List at $27700. Was going to ask for $2000 off? Think I can go lower? Anything I should be aware of?Thanks!

I picked up my SV 4x4 for $17,900 and got them to bring it down to $16,500. It was 4 years old 1 owner with 80k miles when I bought it though. I just couldn't see spending an extra $10,000 on a pro 4X at the time . I love my frontier. I've owned two. A 2011sv4x2 (totalled) now a 2012 sv4x4

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nissan was showing $6500 off new on NMAC. If the dealer can come down as much as others have shared, buying new may still be a better option. There are only two Pro-4X’s that match my needs, I need to get busy next week. Have to get Carvana to pick up my current ride first.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bought a brand new 2019 pro 4x (7miles on the idol) for 22k after the 7000 Nissan rebate and 4000 dealer rebate! Put a 4K down payment. Didn’t need gap insurance bc my equity was so high. I love this truck! View attachment 318557 View attachment 318557
Nice looking truck I like the white with yellow decal, these trucks are fun to drive compared to full size trucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Three weeks ago I picked up a 2018 Pro 4X w/ 26K miles from the local Carmax dealer for $22.9K. I still have months and miles on the factory warrant. After looking for a month, this was the best deal and biggest bang for my money.

·
Registered
Great truck
669 Posts
sv models with 4x4 are all starting at 27 in san Antonio. the wife and went test driving Saturday but I passed on driving those because even if I liked them, I wasn't paying 27 for an sv when a pro4 is only a hair more in my town.

I did try out a Tacoma 4x4 crew cab trd pro. it was the first time I had ever been in a Tacoma and it was a pretty decent truck. 2019 with 35k and only 30k bucks to take her home. the wife wanted it but for that cost, an f150 crew cab texas edition with 4x4 and the 3.5 ecoboost right next to it on the lot could have went home with us.

oh well, I told the wife there is nothing wrong with my little truck (minus the annoying ac issue) that is worth me paying 4-600 a month for a number of years to replace.

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV CC SB 4x4
13 Posts
Right around the beginning of May 2020, I paid $26,400 + tax, tag, gov't fees for a new 2019 SV 4x4 CC SB in Central Florida. It took some intense negotiation, but it was worth it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Right around the beginning of May 2020, I paid $26,400 + tax, tag, gov't fees for a new 2019 SV 4x4 CC SB in Central Florida. It took some intense negotiation, but it was worth it!
That’s a good deal that’s why I paid in 2012 for the same truck, but mine was a 4wd (as most are on central VA). Bought a lightly used 2019 (15k miles) this past January for 22800.

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV CC SB 4x4
13 Posts
That’s a good deal that’s why I paid in 2012 for the same truck, but mine was a 4wd (as most are on central VA). Bought a lightly used 2019 (15k miles) this past January for 22800.
I think I got lucky... was last day of April now that I think of it. Weird time with COVID, and dealer really needed to move it I believe.

BTW, mine is a 4wd too. Definitely harder to find in Florida, but the internet is a wonderful thing! That's a great endorsement if you are on your second one, and a great price! I looked for used, but couldn't find anything near your price to justify not just getting new.

·
Registered
Great truck
669 Posts
My wife said her next vehicle will be that test pro Tacoma like we test drove. So that's good. I can just stay with my old frontier and she can get a bigger truck for towing our rv

·
Read Only
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X
295 Posts
I feel like Frontier prices are artificially inflated right now. I'm in the same boat, I like all the mods you can do to a Taco, but I just prefer the Frontier. I want a Pro X with leather and sunroof and I'm having the worst luck finding one used at a reasonable price. I have a feeling values are going to drop once the 2020's start arriving at dealers again (new engine) and then drop again next year when the 3rd gen arrives. It seems like we're stuck in this weird time warp, but that is par for the course for 2020. Thanks to those that shared in here what they paid, all of those deals seem very reasonable.
I disagree.
I feel the reason the prices are going up is because no one wants a 2020 with a new engine and transmission over a tried and true set up that was in the 2019.

I would NEVER want a 1st year car/truck from any make.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Supply/demand. The supply is low therefore the price 'can'/should go up.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts