Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 pro4x. List at $27700. Was going to ask for $2000 off? Think I can go lower? Anything I should be aware of?Thanks!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
That's a pretty decent deal, go for the $2k off and I think you're in the ballpark at 9800 miles.

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a 2019 Pro4x with 21k miles for $22k. Only thing it doesn't have is the moonroof/leather seats. It took me 3 weeks of looking all over the internet. There is one here in Vegas with 31k miles for $24k

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anything I should be aware of? Not sure why the owner gave it up with that many miles on it. Should I bring it to a mechanic?
Mine was a rental and still has factory warranty. With low miles could be a leased vehicle, demo model or even a repo.

You can get the VIN and do a Carfax report. That is not 100% but gives peace of mind.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have a 16Pro. No issues so far. I would not go more than 23K if it is spotless. It is always wise to have a used car checked out by an independent mechanic. It generally is worth the money.

With that low of miles, unless abused, there should be no real issues.

·
Premium Member
10,239 Posts
Put it in a guide as if you you were doing a trade in and bet the dealer paid even less. I think the price is too high for a 3 year old truck. They probably bought it for $21-22,000.

Clint

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anything I should be aware of? Not sure why the owner gave it up with that many miles on it. Should I bring it to a mechanic?
I bought my 2018 P4X used with only 2500 mi on it for $27k (no leather or sunroof). Previous owner traded it in for something else. It's a CPO so it has an extended warranty.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you can't get the dealer to cut the price, buy a new one and have the full warranty. I live in FL too, but traveled to TN to pick mine up. It's like an adventure. With the 2019 hold overs you can get a good price on one. I paid $31K

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
Carfax is clean, one owner.
Could be any number of reasons previous owner traded it in. Could have been he wanted to more comfortably tow something larger?

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
197 Posts
carfax is mostly bs. they tell very little, do not tell all, and cannot find all the info on the truck's life. It is almost a scam, but if it does tell you about accidents or something bad, then it is not all bad, but don't think a "good" result from carfax means the truck is error free.
These dealer used trucks like to be moved. Northern trucks, with all the winter salt will be shipped down south, and our clean rust-free southern trucks get shipped up north. Southerners do not know to look for rust, and northerners love getting southern, rust-free trucks, so they do the swap.
Nissans are much harder to "after market" anything compared to a Taco. All the mod people get Tacomas so the after market serves them. Nissan has little, and forget a tuner or trans tune, they do not exist.
Frontier is a better truck, by a hair, over a Taco.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
If you’re not sure what to look for you would be better off getting it checked out by a reliable mechanic. My brother in law just purchased a 2018 Subaru from a “high end” dealer with a clean carfax and guess what?? Wrecked! Dash lights going haywire and not sure what else. While I think carfax helps., I don’t fully trust it because anyone with cash or the ability can get around that by doing the work themselves or someone they know.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
2016 pro4x. List at $27700. Was going to ask for $2000 off? Think I can go lower? Anything I should be aware of?Thanks!

that's not bad! i got mine brand new for 30k so with 10k.... isn't too bad!!! im also in CA

·
Registered
6 Posts

Bought a brand new 2019 pro 4x (7miles on the idol) for 22k after the 7000 Nissan rebate and 4000 dealer rebate! Put a 4K down payment. Didn’t need gap insurance bc my equity was so high. I love this truck!
7C3945DD-1423-4959-A8CD-14691ECE9C33.png

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bought a brand new 2019 pro 4x (7miles on the idol) for 22k after the 7000 Nissan rebate and 4000 dealer rebate! Put a 4K down payment. Didn’t need gap insurance bc my equity was so high. I love this truck
That's a great deal!

·
Registered
1 Posts

I got a 2017 Pro 4X in December 2019, with 23,000 miles with a lot features both factory and aftermarket, for $23,000 in Illinois.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts