Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone combined the two? I would probably be using the 1.5" lift setting.

Just wondering what to expect if I do this...will this decrease the life expectancy of the springs, or cause problems with brake lines?

Just looking for feedback and/or opinions from anyone who has tried this combination or considered it.

Mick

·
Registered
881 Posts
I think Penski will chime in here, he had this combo on his 2nd Gen I believe. IIRC, great flex. I actually plan on doing this...need extended length rear shocks also though.

Aaron?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I have adjustable prg shackles set at 1.5" and a deaver that gives me 1.5"
Brake lines, no. Leaf pack life expectancy, yes, it will flatten out overtime. Mine still has a ~10-20% arch left in it, almost flat, but i have a 150# camper shell (200# with tools), so I'm not the guy to ask.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
d1sc0ver
I think Penski will chime in here, he had this combo on his 2nd Gen I believe. IIRC, great flex. I actually plan on doing this...need extended length rear shocks also though.
My Frontier has the PRG Advanced Coilover package w/bilsteins...aren't the bislteins that come with this package an extended length shock?

PRG Products

Mick

·
Registered
550 Posts
Me too, 2" Deaver AAL & adjustable shackles set at 1" with longer bilsteins, ride is very nice & smooth. I've been running this setup for about 4 months and so far no issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to try this set-up as well...Has anyone posted a write up on the installation? I tried searching and came up empty. I didn't get the installation instructions for the shackles. My experience dealing with suspensions is all with my old pathfinder (coil springs), these leaf springs are a new monster for me.

Mick

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Has anyone combined the two? I would probably be using the 1.5" lift setting.

Just wondering what to expect if I do this...will this decrease the life expectancy of the springs, or cause problems with brake lines?

Just looking for feedback and/or opinions from anyone who has tried this combination or considered it.

Mick
This is the set up that causes the rear tire to hit the front part of the rear fenders when flexing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm going to try this set-up as well...Has anyone posted a write up on the installation? I tried searching and came up empty.
Thanks Penski...but this write-up doesn't help me. I should have specified, a write-up on installation of the adjustable rear shackles.

This is the set up that causes the rear tire to hit the front part of the rear fenders when flexing.
I'm only running 265/70r17 tires so I don't anticipate problems with rubbing.

Thanks for all the replies and feedback.

Mick

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Really? I will have to check it next time I am wheeling...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts