Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arrrrrgggghhhhh...

Just fitted a towbar to my D40... but need the wiring bit.

so phone dealer:-
-Have you got a wiring kit for a D40 trailer...
-<smirk> no way, not a hope in hell, sir.
-Oh - have you never fitted a towbar to a D40? Does noone who buys a big pickup use it to tow things?
-Nope - noones asked for one... Try xxx towbars down the road - they might be able to help..

Phone service dept:-
-Hi - just want to check that the BCM (body control module that actually controls the lights) wont get upset about the extra lights that Im adding when I wire in my towbar.
-Did you buy it from us sir?
-No
-Then i cant help you - if you dont buy a genuine nissan part, it wont come with all the parts.
-But you dont have one.
-you have to buy a genuine kit, then it will have all the relays you need.
-what relays? I have the genuine nissan manual here, and theres no mention of it, let alone extra relays.
-well -you would find all the information in the genuine kit, sir.
-you DONT SELL A KIT!"!"!

aaarrrggghhhh.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate - I went to a different dealer (the three nearest are all the same ownership - its more of a franchise over here) - and they offered me two looms, both plug in systems, one 7 pin (normal UK) and one 12 pin (euro connector - more for caravans) - 35 quid (45 USD?)..

never never never going back to dandan the nisan man in Slough... (pronounced Slow as in snow plough) godforsaken place that it is.

Dude in Reading dealership - fine... showed me the loom (he had one being fitted as we spoke) - explained the difference between the pathfinder one and the frontier one (different shaped plugs) and was incredulous at the attitude of the slough branch...

Thanks for your input though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts