Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Frontier owners,

I have a new 2005 red NISMO, I am looking to remove the NISMO stcker and Frontier badge on the tailgate. Has anyone done this? If so, please share with me how you did this.

This is my first post but I have been lurking for quite a while. It's nice to read all the posts and get some great insight into what other are doing with their trucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used a hair dryer to heat it up then carefully peel the sticker. Then I cleaned up the adhesive with a product called Goo-B-Gone. It works really great on adhesives. After using Goo-B-Gone, you need to clean the area with mild soap and water. You also want to do this in a shady area such as in a garage. For the Frontier emblem on the tailgate, I heard you can use a hair dryer also but I haven't tried it myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the NISMO sticker and will probably leave the Frontier badge. The sticker had to go though. Red truck with black accents doesn't match an all white sticker. It made a big difference in the appearance with it gone. Much cleaner looking more monochromatic

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed the NISMO sticker and will probably leave the Frontier badge. The sticker had to go though. Red truck with black accents doesn't match an all white sticker. It made a big difference in the appearance with it gone. Much cleaner looking more monochromatic

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used fishing line to remove the frontier off the tailgate,along with goof off and acouple coats of wax after ALL adhesive is gone.
I love the clean look,but I kept the nismo sticker.
I also added a billet grille that eliminates the front nissan badge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I remove the Frontier logo off the tailgate, I like the look as well. Much cleaner with the billet grill and no logo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I remove the Frontier logo off the tailgate, I like the look as well. Much cleaner with the billet grill and no logo.

·
Registered
133 Posts
now you got me thinking about removing the nismo also... :roll: I was also thinking of losing the nissan logo on the tailgate by the handle.I'm afraid it will be darker color under there, and you will see where it was.

I am proud to have a Nissan,but I really like the clean,debadged look. 8) Nissan fans will know what it is ....I don't care about anyone else left guessing :lol:

I will post some pics soon of the transformation,before and after.
Jay

·
Registered
211 Posts
Man I would like to find a 4.0 tailgate emblem like the Titans 5.3. Thats unique. :D :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am thinking of removing the handle logo as well. I haven't investigated what it requires. I was thinking maybe it had some sort of clips to hold it on. If it's just glued on then off it comes. I am really pleased with the way it looks without the logo's and that god awful white NISMO sticker.

BTW. I can't figure out why it double posts every post I make, at first I thought it was just my incompetence, but I think I can rule that out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Checked out the handle logo...

red_fronty said:
I am thinking of removing the handle logo as well. I haven't investigated what it requires. I was thinking maybe it had some sort of clips to hold it on. If it's just glued on then off it comes. I am really pleased with the way it looks without the logo's and that god awful white NISMO sticker.

The tailgate handle one does have some sort of clips and 3M tape.I tried prying on it a little from the top.You can see them...it would leave holes in the plastic. :(
I didn't pry very hard so everything is cool,it won't fall off. :roll:

Got any pics? I have been trying to post in the gallery,but it is not working for me
Here is my rear...lol :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
SO... HAS ANYONE REMOVED THE NISSAN LOGO FROM THE TAILGATE???

Sorry to yell - but mines only a month old, so if I'm gonna do it without color changes in the plastic - I have to do it now.... Its garaged, but I'm also concerned.

Has it been done, and if so - is it held on with the same adhesive as the chrome FRONTIER badging??
( I hope so - I took mine off with my fingers!)

Pics to folllow - I'm going to remove the frontier, and front nissan logo tomorrow.

Wish I could afford the billet grille right now.. Insurance down payments suck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just realized something.....

FRONTIER

You could rearranged it to say:
ON FIRE

I just might have to do that!

PS - Please don't copy that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I thought on the tailgate handle logo. One logo isn't too bad I guess. No pics as of yet, I need to break down and buy a cheap digital camera.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I'm with SDBryan, I too would like to remove the Nissan logo from the tailgate. I am
just not sure if it is attached with adhesive like the rest of the stuff on the tailgate or with clips like the front logo.

By the way, be gentle with the clips on the front as they are very easy to break.
After removing the Nissan on the center caps of the LE wheels I thought it might take
a little force to remove the front logo also. Not true, I broke the first tab as it is very easy to remove them.

I removed the logos on the center caps to have the caps painted white to match my truck. Those will be the only Nissan logos I'll leave on the truck if the rear one is held on
by adhesive.

I hope there is a more daring adventurer out there than I am that will try the removal of
the tailgate logo. If so please let the rest of us know what you run into.

Thank you in advance for your daring nature.

OkieScot

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: Checked out the handle logo...

in case you misse dthe first post...

The tailgate handle one does have some sort of clips and 3M tape.I tried prying on it a little from the top.You can see them...it would leave holes in the plastic. :(

[/quote]

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Thank you Nismo4me, how blind can I be. We'll blame it on old age. Getting old does
have some advantages.

OkieScot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Checked out the handle logo...

Nismo4me said:
red_fronty said:

Got any pics? I have been trying to post in the gallery,but it is not working for me

Where did the blue frontier come from?? This is the color I want

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did remove the nismo after long debate...It came off very easy,and only a thin line of glue around the edge.Goof off and some wax and you can't tell they were ever there.
I like the clean look better :D
Jay

1 - 20 of 20 Posts