Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm getting ready to install my new Kenwood DDX-514 and I'm hoping someone can tell me where I can find the parking sensor wire. I found a thread on the DDX-512 install but, all it talks about is a green wire. I've heard some people refer to this wire as the parking break wire so, I'm a bit confused on what exactly needs to be done. I'm also considering a bypass so, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Aero

·
Registered
57 Posts
If this is any help, I got a kenwood ddx6019 and I took the ebrake wire(the wire coming from the radio) and grounded it to do the bypass.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is any help, I got a kenwood ddx6019 and I took the ebrake wire(the wire coming from the radio) and grounded it to do the bypass.
Ok. Just to make sure I understand you, did you take the ebrake wire from the Kenwood harness and tie it in with the ground wire from the same harness? Thanks for the reply BTW

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok. Just to make sure I understand you, did you take the ebrake wire from the Kenwood harness and tie it in with the ground wire from the same harness? Thanks for the reply BTW
From what I remember, I took the ebrake wire from the kenwood harness and went straight to the chassis (ground).

·
Registered
890 Posts
most nissans dont actually have a good ground wire at the harness, but yes you can hook it straight to a ground to bypass it because when you put your parking brake on it goes to ground as well, you might want to put a switch in line with it though to cover your a$$. Do you want to bypass it to watch video or to have access to navi controls. if you decide you want to hook it to the actuall park brake lemme know the year of your truck and i can look up the wire color, on most tucks it right at the parking brake pedal and is usually 1 wire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
most nissans dont actually have a good ground wire at the harness, but yes you can hook it straight to a ground to bypass it because when you put your parking brake on it goes to ground as well, you might want to put a switch in line with it though to cover your a$$. Do you want to bypass it to watch video or to have access to navi controls. if you decide you want to hook it to the actuall park brake lemme know the year of your truck and i can look up the wire color, on most tucks it right at the parking brake pedal and is usually 1 wire.
Now that you mention it, I would like to know the actual parking brake wire. I doubt I will ever feel the need to watch a DVD while I'm driving. My Frontier is an 07' Crew Cab SE. Also, what's the easiest way to gain access to the wire bundle that contains the parking brake? Thanks for the help!:)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Parking Brake GREEN (-) AT PARKING BRAKE SWITCH OR IN HARNESS BEHIND GAUGES

just go right to the parking brake mechanism, you should see one wire in some sort of plug, and you can solder onto that, use the provided scotch clip, or make a little jumper if it is a blade style connection

1 - 7 of 7 Posts