Nissan Frontier Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Any chance you've taken a clip of the sound? I'm looking at a couple different exhaust options and don't want anything overly loud.
i don't have a clip yet since i'm lazy but here's one of the same kit. this guy has a few sound clips on YT, both inside and outside with drive bys.

I will say that it's a mild kit unless you really get on it. cruising at highway speeds, you can barely hear it. it's quiet enough that my wife hasn't noticed i put it on if that helps lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
haven't really done anything to the truck worth bumping the thread but that changed Friday. Took the truck over to ADO HQ and they installed their prototype UCA's for me to test for a couple weeks. They are pretty overbuilt and the ball joint is a 3/4 GM pickup ball joint with plenty of movement. at full droop there is still plenty of room between the arm and coil bucket. if all goes well, they will be putting them into production soon!

Also ordering a set of Radflo suspension here next week for the truck. Pics of those and install when they show up.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
3/4 ton GMC ball joints? I love it. When I get ready for UCA's I'd be on to try that out.

Reactions: daywalker_402

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Radflo order placed this morning. Going with extended travel 2.0 front and rears. Should see them in roughly 3 weeks and then watch for an ADO install video shortly after apparently.

Reactions: BigRedDog32

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Bumping this thread, Radlfo's finally shipped today. a week after their deadline for lead time. To anyone who plans on ordering from them in the future, just plan on waiting the max amount of time with little to no communication if/when you ask for updates. Hard for me to justify telling other people to use them.

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Going to make this nightmare with Radflo as transparent as possible. Even with all the lead time fails and telling Steven at ADO over the phone they were shipping on Monday....it's Thursday now and they still haven't shipped. Went from Monday to Tuesday, and when Steven tried to contact them Tuesday afternoon, Radflo went radio silent. Now it's Thursday morning and the other guy who ordered with me is calling them today. I really wish i wouldn't have went through with this. Cannot recommend this company to anyone. 0 out of 5 stars.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Thanks for the update.. I’ve been re thinking my options, it’s good to know where NOT to go. Burns me up hearing about these companies taking money and then not shipping or communicating with the customers.. “just give them their money back!”

I know we have problems but if you do not have something don’t sell it.. period!
Maybe I’m just lucky but I have had no problems with any shipments.. not even running late, except for one I did have to cancel and get money back from a company that never had the item in stock to start with, after ...calling and calling. Finally opted for the Press 1 for purchasing instead of 2 for previous purchase... they picked right up! Would not answer otherwise. Hope you get this taken care of..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Thanks for the update.. I’ve been re thinking my options, it’s good to know where NOT to go. Burns me up hearing about these companies taking money and then not shipping or communicating with the customers.. “just give them their money back!”

I know we have problems but if you do not have something don’t sell it.. period!
Maybe I’m just lucky but I have had no problems with any shipments.. not even running late, except for one I did have to cancel and get money back from a company that never had the item in stock to start with, after ...calling and calling. Finally opted for the Press 1 for purchasing instead of 2 for previous purchase... they picked right up! Would not answer otherwise. Hope you get this taken care of..
for the most part, even Chad and Steve said they haven't screwed them around this bad. My other buddy who ordered with me ordered their Titan swap suspension and he is seriously looking to try to cancel the order. My truck isn't necessarily in NEED of the Radflo's so i've been a bit more patient. when you keep pushing back your deadlines and have **** communication, that's when i get frustrated.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
for the most part, even Chad and Steve said they haven't screwed them around this bad. My other buddy who ordered with me ordered their Titan swap suspension and he is seriously looking to try to cancel the order. My truck isn't necessarily in NEED of the Radflo's so i've been a bit more patient. when you keep pushing back your deadlines and have **** communication, that's when i get frustrated.
Oh, so in other words, Shrock Works. Who sent my unpainted, uncoated diff armour plate out to powdercoat, then shipped it to another customer behind me in the queue. Twice. Three weeks late, it finally arrived. After I phoned three times for status updates and was told "it's in Shipping right now, being packed, and will go out either today or tomorrow". Uh huh. Yupper. That was twice as well.
Their product is quite good, heavy and well-built. The customer buying experience, at least for me, 0 out of 5 stars.
Now Hefty Fabworks, 5 on 5, got my skids just as promised, excellent fabrication quality and within days of the 6 week quoted time estimate ( actually a few days early in fact ). I would w/o reservation recommend and order from them again, those are folk who know how to run a business.

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Oh, so in other words, Shrock Works. Who sent my unpainted, uncoated diff armour plate out to powdercoat, then shipped it to another customer behind me in the queue. Twice. Three weeks late, it finally arrived.
Their product is quite good, heavy and well-built. The customer buying experience, at least for me, 0 out of 5 stars.
Now Hefty Fabworks, 5 on 5, got my skids just as promised, excellent fabrication quality and within days of the 6 week quoted time estimate ( actually a few days early in fact ). I would w/o reservation recommend and order from them again, those are folk who know how to run a business.
it's crazy how many of these companies that build stuff for the Nissan aftermarket are awful. Radflo even made up an excuse that between the time we put our order in and the first set deadline that they had moved their window out a week...yet didn't let anyone know. that extra week deadline was over a week ago. crazy to think that something ordered in the first week of August with a 4-6 week window will MAYBE be here by October 1st.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Radflo's finally shipped on Thursday, should be here Wednesday. Also bought a set of weld together slider kit from member JTD on here. Should see those Wednsday also. Chad and Steven will weld them together and i will coat them here at work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Radflo's and sliders all showed up to ADO yesterday.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Installed the Radflo's after work. Definitely a lot more firm but they soak up big bumps very nicely. Give the actual suspension a great review but can't say the same for the rest of the experience with Radflo.

Also tacked up the sliders before we left last night. Can't wait to get these things mocked up and built! Excellent kit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
ADO needed a forklift for a delivery today so we took some scientific measurements comparing extended travel setup compared to the titan swap setup. Titan swap gets you an additional 3-4" of travel.

Reactions: rdp91356

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Chad got the sliders welded up! time to get them cleaned up and Raptor Lined.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nice. Do the bolt on or are they welded on?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #138

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
couple bigger image posts incoming! Finished up the sliders Friday at work with some Raptor Liner from Amazon. Product went on great. Baked it a couple times to harden it up so I could use them on Saturday.

Shots of them installed. Have a lot of grip from the texure.

They took a couple decent shots on the trails Saturday. I haven't been able to peek under to see how well the product has held up. Will update when i get the chance!

Reactions: RyanD1966

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Some pictures from Saturday at Tuttle Creek ORV in Kansas with the ADO crew. Was happy to finally use the truck offroad. First time I've really done anything like that and was pleasantly surprised at how well the truck did. The rear locker makes a pretty big difference in the technical stuff. I think a body lift and some bigger tires are in the future at some point. One of the ADO customers had a buddy from their army base at Ft. Riley come down with his newer ZR2 Colorado. Those trucks are super impressive with their capability.

Reactions: RyanD1966
121 - 140 of 145 Posts