Nissan Frontier Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
took advantage of a super nice Saturday to install the XTP intake spacer.

Went super smooth. Psyched myself out to not do it after I bought the spacer in january. Need to put a few hundred miles on it before i can give any confirmed feedback on the piece.

Bonus pic of the new daily for now. 2013 2.0 Ecoboost AWD Escape with 51k on the odometer. Clean vehicle!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
threw some ADO 1/4" spacers in the front of the Frontier this weekend. lifted it exactly 1/2" and it's now level enough for my liking. also went out and found some Chemical Guys Hydro Slick ceramic coating wax and spent a couple hours yesterday putting it on the truck. still need to do wheels and glass but the main stuff is done.

Reactions: UncleG

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Still lovin' those wheels fo sho!

Looking forward to your take on the IMS...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Still lovin' those wheels fo sho!

Looking forward to your take on the IMS...
short term feedback. it doesn't seem to downshift as much if you get over half throttle. i also seem to be netting about 1 mpg more in town. could be combo of warmer weather and premium fuel though since gas is cheap. also the IMS seems to have cleaned up the rough idle once it's warm. if i have the HVAC up high then i still get the usual rough idle but it's a lot more smooth when not.

·
Registered
565 Posts
That 1/4" spacer did the trick. Looks great.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
554 Posts
Looks great. I echo the sentiment on those wheels.

How do you like the ceramic coat? Is it significantly better than normal wax? Do you think there is increased scratch resistance?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

How do you like the ceramic coat? Is it significantly better than normal wax? Do you think there is increased scratch resistance?
i just put it on yesterday so can't really give a deep review on it. went on easily. absolutely have to follow the directions on application and removal. i only did 1 coat with it. probably going to do one more on everything. you can add it to wheels, lights, and glass so that's a big plus.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

so i have a little more input on the ceramic wax. i have put 2 coats on both my wife's CX5 and my new Mazdaspeed Miata. I put a couple hundred miles on the miata on Sunday. Took some time and washed it. water beaded up amazing and just took my leaf blower to it to dry it.

Couple pictures of said Miata. 2004 with 35k original miles. My Escape was traded in for this.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Nice rides, both of them.

Reactions: daywalker_402

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thanks for the update! The Miata looks rad.
No problem! The factory turbo makes the car fun. It’s obviously not fast by any means in a straight line but the turbo doesn’t kick in until around 4,000 rpm so it has the old school feel.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Nice rides, both of them.
Thanks! Need to get a shot of both of them together! Can honestly say I’m happy with my garage setup. Only took 32 years lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
after 6 weeks of waiting, my Borla system finally came in. For some reason they shipped it to New York first so it took a week and half to finally make it's way back to Lincoln. Took literally 20 minutes to put on. They say to remove the hanger from the truck near the muffler but Chad and I just cut the hanger off and then dropped the factory exhaust out. without taking the hanger bracket off the truck, it makes it a bit of a pain to get everything to fit but we made it happen. Not real loud, which is what i was looking for. with the windows up at 65 mph, you can barely hear it. I will get some sound clips either after work today or this weekend for the exhaust thread on this site.

I'm happy with the black exhaust tip. didn't know how i would feel about it but knew i didn't want a chrome one since there's no chrome on the truck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just put on the same wheels on my 2019 Pro4X went with Michelin tires. Great look, better ride, and I didnt have to trim anything! The gun metal wheels are now on backorder for those interested in getting a set.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Just put on the same wheels on my 2019 Pro4X went with Michelin tires. Great look, better ride, and I didnt have to trim anything! The gun metal wheels are now on backorder for those interested in getting a set.
they need to get all of them back in stock. they keep pimping a dude's black Xterra with the gold ones on their IG but haven't seen them re stock the wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hello everybody!

Picked up this 2015 Metallic Blue Pro4x Frontier back in August. I have done a few things to it now and just figured I should start a build thread since there are more modifications to come in the future.

Modifications so far:
Katana LED headlight and fog light conversion
aFe Momentum GT intake
Alldogs RCKilla 2" lift kit
Home Depot mod for a fork bike mount with the Utilitrack system.
Factory Nissan window flare accessory.
Factory Pro4x Hood Graphic

Future modifications:
IMS
Cosmis Racing MR II bronze wheels and an all terrain to go with them. (haven't decided on brand yet.)
Prerunner style front and rear bumpers as well as some possible rock sliders
Tonneau Cover of some sort.
Possible Midnight Edition Grille

Day I brought it home.

First thing I did was have the front windows matched to the rear with some 20% tint.
How does the truck feel with that intake?
Any noticeable difference in performance?

·
Registered
2016 Frontier Pro-4x
84 Posts
after 6 weeks of waiting, my Borla system finally came in. For some reason they shipped it to New York first so it took a week and half to finally make it's way back to Lincoln. Took literally 20 minutes to put on. They say to remove the hanger from the truck near the muffler but Chad and I just cut the hanger off and then dropped the factory exhaust out. without taking the hanger bracket off the truck, it makes it a bit of a pain to get everything to fit but we made it happen. Not real loud, which is what i was looking for. with the windows up at 65 mph, you can barely hear it. I will get some sound clips either after work today or this weekend for the exhaust thread on this site.

I'm happy with the black exhaust tip. didn't know how i would feel about it but knew i didn't want a chrome one since there's no chrome on the truck.
Any chance you've taken a clip of the sound? I'm looking at a couple different exhaust options and don't want anything overly loud.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
How does the truck feel with that intake?
Any noticeable difference in performance?
intake seemed to move the power band a little higher. there isn't any performance difference unless it's near redline and i rarely go there.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts