Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everybody!

Picked up this 2015 Metallic Blue Pro4x Frontier back in August. I have done a few things to it now and just figured I should start a build thread since there are more modifications to come in the future.

Modifications so far:
Katana LED headlight and fog light conversion
aFe Momentum GT intake
Alldogs RCKilla 2" lift kit
Home Depot mod for a fork bike mount with the Utilitrack system.
Factory Nissan window flare accessory.
Factory Pro4x Hood Graphic

Future modifications:
IMS
Cosmis Racing MR II bronze wheels and an all terrain to go with them. (haven't decided on brand yet.)
Prerunner style front and rear bumpers as well as some possible rock sliders
Tonneau Cover of some sort.
Possible Midnight Edition Grille

Day I brought it home.

First thing I did was have the front windows matched to the rear with some 20% tint.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wife and I ride bikes quite a bit and one of the biggest reason I picked this truck up was so we could carry our bikes around easier. After doing some research, I found out that the strut channel rod nuts will fit in the Utilitrack system perfectly and it allowed me to mount my fork mounts to the front of the bed. Quick and cheap mod to move bikes around but it by no means a safe way to store it for an extended period of time.

Link to the strut channel nuts for anyone interested. You will have to buy some washers and bolts that fit the nuts.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Superstrut-1-4-in-Strut-Channel-Spring-Nut-5-Pack-ZA1001-4EG-10/100115936

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next mod for me was to switch to the Katana LED's. Did the headlights first and then decided to do the fogs after liking the headlights.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a person who has run exhaust on pretty much all of my vehicles I've owned, I decided to go with an intake instead on the Frontier since I couldn't find an exhaust system I liked sound wise. Got down to the Volant and aFe for possible intakes and decided on the aFe since I wouldn't have to move the horns. Love the sound and it has picked up at least 1 mpg for me. Install was super easy and have great step by step instructions. The aFe intake box bolts directly into the factory lower box locations. Took all of 40 minutes to install in my garage with simply hand tools, would highly recommend.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The most recent modification done is also the biggest so far. Ran down the street from my house to Alldogs Offroad COOP and picked up their 2" RC Killa lift. Consists for lift springs in the front and AAL in the rear. Did the leafs at my work and then decided to let them do the springs in the front. All i have left to do currently is install the SPC alignment bolts that i bought and get it aligned.

As for ride quality, rides a little more firm than factory but that was expected. I would say to go with the recommended Bilstein 5100's they offer with the kit and install them at the same time. My factory Bilsteins were in good shape so i just decided to take a chance with them. I will be upgrading to the 5100's in the future.

Super awesome customer service and it's nice living literally 5 minutes from their headquarters.

I love the look, it now sits at the height that the factory Pro4x should have came with from the factory.

the front height is now at 36 1/2" and the rear is 37 1/2"

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. I like the blue. That 2" makes a big difference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
it really did. i was surprised TBH. i had to drive the truck home wednesday night with just the rear AAL's in. felt like i was looking straight at the ground haha. headlights were useless.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added the hood graphics at work on Friday. Went on without any issues. Love factory graphics that give you body lines for installing. Seems to be a love or hate thing, I like them a lot. They pop against the blue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is a lovely looking truck! I too like the hood graphic. The tread print bedside graphic would tie in nicely...

Can I ask, is the grille surround a satin silver on the Pro 4X? Any metallic in it? I’d rather change my chrome grille for this look.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a lovely looking truck! I too like the hood graphic. The tread print bedside graphic would tie in nicely...
View attachment 309892
Can I ask, is the grille surround a satin silver on the Pro 4X? Any metallic in it? I’d rather change my chrome grille for this look.
my truck has the bedside graphics on it with the P tread, that was the main reason for the hood graphic. i'm pretty sure the grille is just silver. i will take a look here in a little bit to see if it has any metallic in it or not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my truck has the bedside graphics on it with the P tread, that was the main reason for the hood graphic. i'm pretty sure the grille is just silver. i will take a look here in a little bit to see if it has any metallic in it or not.
Ah, now I see it. I must have glossed over the pic with your bike in the back ?‍♂ Looks awesome!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah, now I see it. I must have glossed over the pic with your bike in the back ?‍♂ Looks awesome!
also the grille looks to be just a standard silver. there is no metallic in it from what i can see.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gave up on waiting for the bronze Cosmis wheels. They originally told me they were backordered until late December. Now it's May. Ordered the gunmetal ones as well as 2657017 Falken Wildpeak AT's. Everything will be here next week.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man, that's too bad. Bronze would look wicked against that blue.

Oh well, the Cosmis look very cool in gunmetal and it will mirror the OEM color scheme too

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What about the wheeeeeelz?
[/QUOT
I had to call the place I bought them from to get a tracking number 2 days after I ordered them. Apparently they wanted to take their sweet time shipping them out. So...tomorrow.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OOOHHHH BABY! Cosmis Wheels came in yesterday. Snuck out of work to run home to grab them over the afternoon break. The Falken's and these MR II's look so good together. Will get better pics later today in the sunlight. They do poke out a tiny bit and I did have to trim the factory mud guards and took the factory front air dam off to stop them from rubbing.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts