Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any suggestions on remedying an annoying rattle. My driver's side dash speaker cover rattles and it drives me nuts. The dealer has attempted to repair this twice. I'm about ready to just pull it off and leave it off but I shouldn't have to with such a new truck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: The dealer did install what appears to be some very thin felt along the edges where the cover sits.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe I've found the issue. I took the cover off while driving the other day thinking this would make the noise stop. It didn't. I touched the speaker and it stopped. I typically listen to my music pretty loud so my first thought was blown speaker. I ordered a new speaker off eBay and installed it a couple days ago.

The issue seems to not be the speaker or the cover. The issue seems to be the lack of Nissan to complete the assembly process. The dash speaker has 4 holes. The dash has 4 holes. There are only 3 screws and retainer clips holding the speaker down.

I called my local dealer on Thursday morning to order the screw and clip. They can't find either part in their catalog. He said he was going to have to call Nissan. Still haven't heard back yet. I'm really wishing there was a local junk yard with one of these sitting in it.

Anyway....if anyone is having similar issues, it may be just missing a screw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts