Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Unfortunately I have made a small nick in my upper dash and my OCD is getting the best of me. Any recommendations for a repair? I really don't want to rip out the entire dash, but it is driving me nuts!

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
You can get a repair kit at most auto part stores, you mix up some material, apply it to the nick, and stamp the texture. Color and texture match quality may vary. Or get one of the car refurbishment guys (the ones that the dealers use) to fix it professionally.

Vic

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
find something cool to mount there so that there is a reason for the hole.

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
If you're truly OCD then you would have already ordered an OEM replacement and looked up how to rip out the entire dash to swap the parts out haha j/k

At least, that's what I would do... I think it would be hard to make that damage disappear completely unless you can fill it, match the color exactly, and (probably the most difficult part) match the texture - all without hiding the repair with a full paint-over (I've seen it done, dash repair then paint the whole panel, but IMO that didn't really fix it, it just hid the repair under paint)

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Not wrong.

My OCD got the better of me.
Hahah yeah same... I tend to order an OEM replacement part BEFORE I mod the current part, just in case something goes wonky. If the mod works out, then I have a spare for if I ever decide to go back to stock
::wink::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts