Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a CB radio into my truck, and I would like to mount it under the AC controls and on front of the shifter. but I don't know how to remove the lower half of the dash. I can get the face off around the radio, but I cant find the hidden screws that get the lower part off. :crikey:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I believe there is a screw behind the glovebox door, you have to lower the door to remove the screw. I also think there is a screw on the left side that is hidden by the knee panel under the steering wheel, but I can't remember if I just pried off the panel enough to reach a screw driver in there or removed the whole thing...

·
Registered
237 Posts
To get the part you labeled "part I cant get off" off, you have to removed the both underdash pieces, the center radio stack piece, and the center console cover between the seats.

I was taking apart my interior tonight, and remembered this thread. I snapped a pic so you can see what has to be done. There are 4 screws holding it on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
To get the part you labeled "part I cant get off" off, you have to removed the both underdash pieces, the center radio stack piece, and the center console cover between the seats.

I was taking apart my interior tonight, and remembered this thread. I snapped a pic so you can see what has to be done. There are 4 screws holding it on.

Yeah, what he said! I knew my smart @$$ remark would cause someone to answer your question!

Ya gotta love the Club Frontierers!:fantastic:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

holy cow, is that rust on the metal i see?

·
Registered
424 Posts
holy cow, is that rust on the metal i see?
Yep, Nissan uses bare UNTREATED metal in the interior, but it's just surface rust. I guess they leave it untreated so there are many places to ground stuff. Dunno.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something Like that, I like the way that looks. I wish I had seen that Pic around 4 hours ago lol

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
looks pretty good but also looks like it takes up all of your storage room down there...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does but the truck has enough storage in it already, plus I have never put anything in that space

·
Registered
424 Posts
What's up with the NavyGuy? Marines offer him help, but does he even check back? Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh yeah, he's a Vols fan as well... that explains it!:hick:

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
i found it was a good place to put cd's as long as i don't stack them up to high, but the truck does have a lot of storage, can't argue with that. one thing nissan did well with the 2nd gens.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
only radar detector legal in 50 states :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts