Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm seeing things, but if I remember correctly (I've had the truck only a couple days!) - it appears that there are speaker grills in the dash for dash-mounted tweeters.

If I'm not remembering incorrectly, then the next question is...is the wiring already there?

The basis for the question is that I know among manufacturer's there is a preference to use common parts as often a possible, so it's not a strethc to say they might use one wiring harness for a vehicle regardless of the options....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm about 90% positive that you already have tweaters in your dashboard. My '09 CC SE has them... don't see why yours wouldn't. Have you turned some music on and put your ear up to them to see if anything plays out of them? That'd be your first clue.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Maybe I'm seeing things, but if I remember correctly (I've had the truck only a couple days!) - it appears that there are speaker grills in the dash for dash-mounted tweeters.

If I'm not remembering incorrectly, then the next question is...is the wiring already there?

The basis for the question is that I know among manufacturer's there is a preference to use common parts as often a possible, so it's not a strethc to say they might use one wiring harness for a vehicle regardless of the options....

If you have speaker grilles on the dash, you can easily remove the grille with a flat blade screwdriver and hardly any effort at all and see if there is a speaker there or wiring there.

Check out the audio schematics in the technical manual, (available on this website free of charge).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm about 90% positive that you already have tweaters in your dashboard. My '09 CC SE has them... don't see why yours wouldn't. Have you turned some music on and put your ear up to them to see if anything plays out of them? That'd be your first clue.
Sorry, I have the king cab with no tech package with the SE. :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If your fronty was sold with a "4 speaker" audio system, then no there isn't anything under those dash grills, and no wire either.

The good news is that it's super easy to put tweets in, just drop the wire in from the top and it will come out underneath near the kick panel on each side with almost no effort - and then you can easily hook them up to whatever.

I did components so the door speaker is the woofer and the tweet in the dash, the crossover box is behind the kick panel.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah I doubt there's going to be wiring there. I went to install some heated side mirrors and the wires weren't there for that option, darn...

Anyhow, I do have tweeters there in mine, since it is an RF package. They are odd though, when those tweeters are cold, they sound just horrible... after the cab is nice and warm, DANG they sound good!.. something is sure up with them and they need to be replaced though.. morning drives are killin' me.

Since this thread's topic is basically tweeters, and lets say if he DID want to install some tweeters in those dash mount spots that are just begging for them, which tweeters are recommended that won't break the bank?

·
Registered
424 Posts
This is what the stock dash tweeter in my non-Rockford Fosgate SE looked like.

This is the Polk Audio DB 6501 component Tweeter mounting cup

and speaker look like.

I did NOT install the 6.5" woofer part of the component system in the door because I already had a Polk Audio Coaxial DB651 6.5" speaker in there and I didn't want to run wires through the door hinge area as the weather was freakin' cold. I just wired the new tweeters into the stock tweeter wiring and it doesn't sound bad at all, though I have no crossover and tweeter attenuator as it is now.

I might go ahead with the woofer install later as I just received my behind the outside mirror turn signal LEDs so I have to take the door panel apark and fish wires to install them.

I just need for this NASTY COLD WEATHER to go back up north and leave us alone in beautiful WARM Florida!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ive got focal components up front, I just couldnt put high dollar tweeters facing towards the windshield so I put them in the pillar panel. I could not be happier with my decision, though you have to cut a hole in the pillar plastic, imaging is perfect.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
I put a radio in a coworkers 08 KC that came without a radio. I was going to donate my factory speakers, but his already had 4 door speakers but no tweeter. No wires for the tweeters either, that we could see. He even already had an antenna, but not antenna wire to the radio. It stopped behind the A-Pillar finisher.

·
Registered
567 Posts
If you have speaker grilles on the dash, you can easily remove the grille with a flat blade screwdriver and hardly any effort at all and see if there is a speaker there or wiring there.

Check out the audio schematics in the technical manual, (available on this website free of charge).

I searched but no can find. All I wanted to find out is where to first pry-up on the tweeter cover?

Would a 3 1/2 inch speaker work?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I searched but no can find. All I wanted to find out is where to first pry-up on the tweeter cover?

Would a 3 1/2 inch speaker work?
Here's the scoop...

This is the stock tweeter in place. The mounting holes are 3 inches apart.

Here is the tweeter cup that I installed in some MDF before the Polk Audio DB 6501 Component tweeters were set in.

Here is the tweeter installed.

Any more questions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts