Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going everyone. I am more of a lurker here because I am just geting into trucks I used to be into rice burners but saw the light so I am trying to learn as much as I can about my 05 cc. So I have seen a few people here that are going to do like a 2.5/3 suspension lift and they are going to use a 3 body lift at the same time.

So my question is this an okay way to lift the truck 5-6 inches? What are the dangers of running a setup like this besides being taller and possibly flipping your truck. I dont and probably wont ever do any real crazy offroading. The most action the truck will probably ever see is when I go hunting once a year. If I were to run this setup would I be safe pulling a trailer?

Any input will be greatly appreciated and yes I know just wait until the 5 inch lifts come out.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Body lifts have the tendency of the bolts shredding out but if installed correctly meaning using high grade hardware and not abused too roughly they should hold up just fine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so because not many people are responding to this post I called a few off road places and they said there are no dangers of running a setup like this they said that the only change that you will be able to tell a lot of is the body roll that will be encountered.

I would still like to hear some first hand experience.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
my05 said:
Okay so because not many people are responding to this post I called a few off road places and they said there are no dangers of running a setup like this they said that the only change that you will be able to tell a lot of is the body roll that will be encountered.

I would still like to hear some first hand experience.
I've owned full size pickups with both lifts on it and as long as you are not stupid and try to drift race with it you should be fine. It really depends on how high you are expecting to go. 6" or so total and you really won't have too much of a problem any higher it gets a little scarier.

As for first hand experience with the this generation of Frontier, you probably won't find many with too much experience because the ifs is really limiting to what you can do with it at the present time. I got a hard time about saying this when I stated my opinion before, but I don't see how you can combine a 2.5" spacer lift and a 2.5" suspension lift with this front setup. The upper control arm on my AC suspension lift is awfully close to the spring mount. I can't see adding another 2.5" to it and still have ANY room for any sort of travel. Until someone comes out with a new upper control arm I don't see any way around it. If someone can prove me wrong with pics I would be happy to see them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts