Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI im currently fitting a r50 pathfinder front diff to my 07 d40 navara so i can have a front airlocka and some much needed strength.

I need help finding some replacement ring and pinion so that i can match the ratios available for the front diff.

so far i have the r50 pathfinder front diff with 4.6>1 4.3>1 is availabe
the rear is m226 d40 navara with 3.6>1 cant find any other ratios

apparently dana has nothing to do with the m226 differential

any ideas ???

some pics and other info on 4x4 action forum
D40 navara front diff conversion idea - Australian 4WD Action Online Forums - the 4WD, 4x4 and offroad truck community. Get the latest tips, news, reviews, images and video clips.

thanks daniel

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Hey Daniel,

I assume you know this but the r50 diff is not a bolt on mod. You will have to customize a bit and possibly get custom halfshafts on top of everything. It is not as easy as a Titan diff swap.

It appears you got one with the 4.6 ratio and it just happens that a 4.56 gearset is made for the m226 so if you do choose to get the r50 diff under there, you can re-gear the rear to get it pretty close. https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/ring-pinion-456-ring-pinion-c-165_400_697.html

It may be easier to just import a Titan diff with v8 pathy half shafts with 4.56s front and rear and get the ARB front locker when it eventually comes out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts