Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
From Australia, bought my Frontier off someone who personally imported it from Malaysia I believe. Sadly because Australia got the d22s and not the frontiers it makes fixing the car hard. Recently I snapped my front passenger side output shaft which has put me on the chase for information.

I’m trying to find out my diff ratios and am looking for help if anyone can. Also trying to replace my tie/track rod ends which I also can’t track down.

The car is a Nissan Frontier d22 2008 2.5l diesel and the vin is PN8CPUD22TCF96682

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,804 Posts
I know nothing of the diesel Frontiers, not sure if their front end parts are the same as the gas North American versions or not. Wish I could help, hopefully someone here knows

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,832 Posts
Didn't Australia get the D22 Navara before the D40 Navara came out?

Initially the D22 was an evolution on the D21. You might want to do some parts comparisons, you might get lucky and find a D21 part (called "Hardbody" in the United States, not sure what name was given to the Australian version) that fits the D22.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Australia got the Navara D22 then the d40 however they continued the D22 Navara up till 2015.

Mines sadly not a navara and is a Frontier which as similar as they are, they are different which makes the small things hard like finding tie rod ends

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,832 Posts
I guess I should ask, is this truck right hand drive like most Australian vehicles, or left hand drive?

Last time I was under my '95 D21 Hardbody the frame was set up with holes for a steering gearbox on the right side even though it's a left hand drive truck. It looked like they'd at least originally designed the frame for the world market. I couldn't say if the D22 evolution of the design remained that way or not, but considering in Mexico and other Latin-American countries they continued to build D21 trucks for a decade past the end of them in 1997, I have to assume that they share a frame with the D22 trucks which were built at the same time. If they had a different frame then they'd have been spending extra money that would not have made it justifiable to continue to build the older truck while the newer one was available.

In your shoes I'd look at parts going back as far as 1986 for steering parts, so long as yours has a steering gearbox and not a rack-and-pinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts