Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started hearing a tick, tick, tick, tick sound when slowing to a stop at a light, then again when starting to accelerate. Once I get going over, say, 5-10 mph I can no longer hear the ticking due to road noise. The ticking sound speeds/slows with tire roll. I'm lead to believe my CVs are soon to go, however the sound does not get louder/worse when I turn though.

There are no tears in the boots, but if it is the CVs at 40k miles it's just ridiculous. I usually get 100k miles or more on my past vehicles before I ever start becoming mildly concerned with CVs. With the Calmini kit, my CVs were straight, no angle what-so-ever. With the Rads on there is a downward angle, it's not an absurd angle though.

Anyone have experience with this on their Frontier, at this low of mileage?

Also, you guys think I can get it covered under warranty? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sounds like the M205 swap and Pathy shafts is coming sooner than I planned.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I recently started hearing a tick, tick, tick, tick sound when slowing to a stop at a light, then again when starting to accelerate. Once I get going over, say, 5-10 mph I can no longer hear the ticking due to road noise. The ticking sound speeds/slows with tire roll. I'm lead to believe my CVs are soon to go, however the sound does not get louder/worse when I turn though.

There are no tears in the boots, but if it is the CVs at 40k miles it's just ridiculous. I usually get 100k miles or more on my past vehicles before I ever start becoming mildly concerned with CVs. With the Calmini kit, my CVs were straight, no angle what-so-ever. With the Rads on there is a downward angle, it's not an absurd angle though.

Anyone have experience with this on their Frontier, at this low of mileage?

Also, you guys think I can get it covered under warranty? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sounds like the M205 swap and Pathy shafts is coming sooner than I planned.
Put it on a jack in the front, and rotate your front wheels, then turn the wheel all the way to one extreme, and rotate the wheels. If you feel any resistance or any regular pattern...

Also, in the case of FWD cars, the easiest way to tell is when you turn a corner, you'll hear/feel a clunk with either a left or right turn.

A tick-tick-tick could just be a rock in the tire ;)

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Put some caliper lube here.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i believe I have the same issue. I've had it ever since i bought it used though w/ 24,000 miles on it. It now has 38,000 and hasn't really got any worse. Brought it in several times and they replaced the front driveshaft and u-joints, which fixed my vibration issue but not this tick,tick,tick noise I'm getting from the frontend. Very annoying and will probably bring it back into nissan sometime soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts