Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone cut their stock exhaust back to keep it from getting bent up and to increase the rear clearance at all? If so, did you have any issues with the spare tire potentially getting too hot? That is the thing keeping me from cutting it back right now.

If you have done this, do you have any pictures or locations of where you cut it?

I know AFE makes a high clearance setup but I like having a quiet truck for the time being ::smile::

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I squished my exhaust pipe on my 05 and my 13 both. The 05 was an se 4x4 with the locking rr diff and my 13 is a pro4x. Heres where i cut it. No issues with spare.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Um, you're in Colorado, eventually you will have to have an emissions test, that shorty exhaust will probably be a fail, as they won't be able to access it for the "sniffer". I took mine to Exhaust Pro's, they did a custom cat-back for me that tucked the exhaust up as close to the bottom of the truck as possible, high over the axle and close to the rear mudflap and tight to the body. Since I have a long bed, I'll likely tear up body panels before I damage the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Initially had mine cut where the others have but I starting breaking hangers for some reason... After a had 2 hangers break I took it to a muffler shop and had them cut it just after the muffler and reuse the factory resonator and chrome tip in a turn down setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts