Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't care for the smooth look of the metra dash kit, so I found a factory bezel on eBay to cut. Problem is, I don't know exactly where to make my cut. Since this is sort of a one shot deal, I thought I would ask for advice from those who have been there/done that.

Anyone have advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I just don't care for the smooth look of the metra dash kit, so I found a factory bezel on eBay to cut. Problem is, I don't know exactly where to make my cut. Since this is sort of a one shot deal, I thought I would ask for advice from those who have been there/done that.

Anyone have advice?

not sure anyone HAS done that... what about getting a OEM bezel thats already DD? otherwise I'd line up the new HU with brackets and trace a line...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure anyone HAS done that... what about getting a OEM bezel thats already DD? otherwise I'd line up the new HU with brackets and trace a line...

The problem is that the factory bezels that are already DD have the newer style hvac controls. I know that I have seen some people on the forum cut the factory bezel, however.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
The problem is that the factory bezels that are already DD have the newer style hvac controls. I know that I have seen some people on the forum cut the factory bezel, however.
Not all the 'new' trucks have the auto-climate control. My bezel has the same HVAC layout as the faceplate you posted. might be easier than trying to cut it out (if you can return/exchange your current one)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
What year is yours?
in my sig...

and buildthread...

2014 SV, no VTP (dumb decision, I should have gone with the VTP if not full ProX)

oh well...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It turned out ok. The only thing I'm not happy with is the gap at the top because the bezel is curved. Does anyone know if the kit you get from Crutchfield for a double din bezel has some sort of curved filler panel for that?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
looks like much more needs to be cut and you push it in so the center of the radio face is flush with the bezel and then there would be no gap. All the aftermarket ones make that space flat so there is not the problem you are seeing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like much more needs to be cut and you push it in so the center of the radio face is flush with the bezel and then there would be no gap. All the aftermarket ones make that space flat so there is not the problem you are seeing.

It is flush at the bottom. Could possibly close the gap at the top a bit if I drilled some new holes in the brackets. I ordered one of the aftermarket kits for a non-integrated radio to see if it will help follow the curve. I am not sure if the factory double din bezels are flat in that area or curved like the others.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I think your newe hole idea sounds good. It is like trying to use the stock holes has the display sitting at the wrong angle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts