Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know where to get a custom axle made for my 4 cyl, 2WD. I want the shop to take the hickey when it won't work. I've already been the ARB locker route with 4X4 Parts and dropped $200 for tear down and a failed fit with nothing to show but a lesson learned. Now I'm thinking I need the H233 out of a 6 cyl. modified but I'm willing to go Dana 44. I want torque to both rear wheels - shouldn't be that hard but so far I've been stumped. I live in Houston and would like to have a local shop turnkey the job.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
you could probably drive out to my buddy's house, stay in a motel for a few days, and drive back with a d44 with a lockrite in it for the same price a shop would charge you.

·
Registered
667 Posts
What is your axle code and why didn't it fit. I have an arb out of my 33 spline c200 which is what you should have unless they still used the smaller 180 axle in the 4 cylinders. they probably sent you an earlier 31 spline or a front 29 spline on accident. I just took my arb out when i went to a welded h233b. I only locked it in twice the entire time i had it and none of them were situations where i needed it just making sure it still worked.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
grab an isuzu rodeo D44 (HASSSS to be a 94 to 97 model year) at a junkyard an then swap in a aussie locker :D

that set up will cost you around 500 bucks with gears and you would have a locker

OH and youll be able to keep your stock rims.. rodeos use 6 on 5.5 bolt patterns

btw, its a narrow axle (58" WMS) so itll be perfect for your 4 cylinder

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the CA39, 3.90/1, 29 spline axle. The ARB was 29 spline but still wouldn't fit.
This is my daily driver so I want to stay away from the rough mechanical lockers. I was going ARB for the selectability. With a D44 I may be able to fit it with a Detroit TruTrac which is my preference.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
the isuzu D44 is disc braked and has the right lug pattern....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since the Jeep or Isuzu will be custom fits, I assume the single rear ABS coming off the yoke will still be a possibility. What do you think? Will an axle shop know these things?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts