Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install an Viair on-board compressor next spring. My question is the following:

Does anyone know if there are any custom Nissan switches available to fit in the unused spot on my dash? I am looking for something that may have a picture of a compressor on it, or something similar. Maybe even something that lights up.

This is the spot I am talking about. Not sure if it makes a difference, but it's a 2014 SV.

Thanks in advance!
Bob

·
Registered
434 Posts
I put a ARB compressor in mine and used the regular 4WD switch that they put in the Pro 4x trucks. It cost me over $60.00 from the dealer. The switch lights up and has the picture of the 4 wheels on it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll have to look into that.

If I remove the "faux" switch, is there already a wire there to install a real switch? I am assuming the wire would already be part of the harness if needed during production. Is this correct?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do you mean the "lock" switch?
Sorry, wasn't thinking. Yes! The Lock switch. I have 3 of them installed. One in the stock pro 4x position and two added to the little space beside the shifter. I saw another owner had installed his that way with the ARB switches. I just wanted the nissan switches.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I didn't think of trying Infinity for switches. I like suzokie's AFS switch. I would have certainly used it for my compressor switch if I would have known it was available at the time.
Here is a picture of my DiffLock switches located in the cutout beside the shifter. I cut a metal plate and brazed 2 rails on it to mount the switches and then screwed it from the bottom into the hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts