Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I removed my intake track, and just left filter element exposed through the intake hole of the housing. This was on my KA24 nissan truck. I hear that new KA might have a senor on the intake piping that might forbid you from doing this. Cost nothing worked great.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Heres my custom intake on my 4 banger. But its a second gen 06. Its a proven design for us and mandatory if you want an intake since nobody makes one for us. I extended the MAF wires so it still functions properly and designed my own intake heat shield. I know it doesnt help much since it's second gen, but it offers a little motivation.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Heres my custom intake on my 4 banger. But its a second gen 06. Its a proven design for us and mandatory if you want an intake since nobody makes one for us. I extended the MAF wires so it still functions properly and designed my own intake heat shield. I know it doesnt help much since it's second gen, but it offers a little motivation.

Very clean! I didn't know there was so much room in the 4-cyl engine bay ...

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
wooo. I wasn't expecting that gitup. Reminds me of the circular airfilters on old V8s. the surface area of that filter however looks a bit small. Might get clogged pretty fast. Esppcially since it looks like you get quite a bit of grim into your engine bay.

·
Registered
443 Posts
LOL we have the same wheels!

i like the filter idea! im gonna try it on my truck and see how it works. I have a nice stillen filter and velocity stack that i wanna use.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:smileyshell:beware, keep the tool needed for the clamps with you, as the assembly does lose its grip from time to time and fall off of the throttle body. but it is easily reassembled and ready to go in a minute or two. Hopefully i can reinvent my design to be stationary with the engines movement... until then, it would be ideal to keep the neccessarry tools handy just incase.

LOL!!! Yesterday i was pulled over for the induction being too loud. I still have stock exhaust on it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats pretty slick man. I think im gonna try that on my 01' 2.4
Thanks for the idea and :goodjob:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was thinking of making a CAI for my 01 2.4L XE fronty, but have found out that the only way is to use the original filter housing... WeaponR's intake for it is just too damn expensive. any suggestions?
agree'd, that weapon R intake is just too expensive and they refuse to sell their custom box/housing separately... So i am in the process of making my own intake housing / box that will resemble theirs. Its NOT gonna be cold air cause its a daily driver and its not worth the risk of sucking up water so a short ram intake is what it will be...
Once done, pics will be posted..!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

·
Registered
443 Posts
humm looks like one of those turbo carb hats..

are you going to make a few of them? if so send me one!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts