Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from the muffler shop. Jerauld's Mufflers in National City, CA. just south of Downtown San Diego. Sorry for the crappy phone cam pics. 2.5" pipes from the second cats to a custom collector and into a 2.5" Flowmaster Series 40. 2.5" side exit.

SOUND CLIP









Photo Hosting by PicTiger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gfronty05 said:
Looks good how does it sound?
pretty loud actually. deep growl. cruising at 2000rpm is a little noticeable. 2100-2600rpm is very noticeable. 2700rpm is similar to 2000rpm.

no noticeable loss on the low end. possible increase. need to find a local dyno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,295 Posts
Your tailpipe exits in front of the rear tire, that's different. Would there be anyway to get another pipe to exit out the other side?. And use a single in daul out muffler? What kind of tip did you use?

Does look like they did a good job. Too bad I'm 2000 miles from there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nismo54 said:
Your tailpipe exits in front of the rear tire, that's different. Would there be anyway to get another pipe to exit out the other side?. And use a single in daul out muffler? What kind of tip did you use?

Does look like they did a good job. Too bad I'm 2000 miles from there.
i think that is possible.

i wish i took a pic of the junction of the two pipes right before he welded the collector piece. he did a fantastic job.

i didnt use a tip. a stainless steel tip would be useless for me. it cant be seen where it is anyway. the tail pipe is 2.5" piping and exits in front of the right rear tire. the pipe is set flush with the body and close to the rocker panel. i believe it is the best place for maximum clearance off road. i would dent my rocker panel before i tear the tail pipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after putting close to 200 hundred miles on this muffler, it has really quieted down. the sound at cruising speeds, 65 - 80mph, is there but nearly as noticeable as when i drove it out of the shop. my muffler guy said that it would quiet down is the carbon builds up. this is definitely what i wanted out of the set up. i cant wait to see how it affects my fuel economy but that'll have to wait till i heal from lead foot syndrome.

NEW SOUND CLIP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
would you mind letting us know about how much this cost , with and without install.
Might change my mind on the other aftermarket exhaust systmes.
pics look great btw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kansasfrontier said:
would you mind letting us know about how much this cost , with and without install.
Might change my mind on the other aftermarket exhaust systmes.
pics look great btw.
more pics...



my cost was $225 that included all parts and labor. it is roughly $100 less than normal. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Very similiar

to mine but I have dual exhaust with chrome tips coming out behind the tires. My set-up, here in MA, was $325.00. Sounds awesome. When I put the CAI, "nismo version", it makes it sound even better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Very similiar

olayne said:
to mine but I have dual exhaust with chrome tips coming out behind the tires. My set-up, here in MA, was $325.00. Sounds awesome. When I put the CAI, "nismo version", it makes it sound even better.
is that a dual in dual out muffler or do you have two mufflers? if two mufflers, that is a great price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I wish it was

It is single in dual out. In other words, one muffler two pipes bent to each side of the truck. When I get home from work today, I will post some pictures of the set-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
What part number was the muffler you bought? I'm making my wish list for Father's Day and I want to be as exact as possible for my wife :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ynot818 said:
What part number was the muffler you bought? I'm making my wish list for Father's Day and I want to be as exact as possible for my wife :oops:
who are you talking to? if it was me, i bought the Flowmaster 40 series muffler with 2.5" inlet/outlet.

if you are not replacing the piping, you would go with the 40 series with 2.25" inlet/outlet.

btw, are you joining us in the meet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Okie has a FloPro duel in duel out on his truck, sounds awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,552 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 got it right, I have the Flo-Pro on my truck. I did have a 40 series Flowmaster on my 2000 XE KC. It sounded great around town but on the road it had too much cabin noise. The Flo-Pro is quieter and much more user friendly.

OkieScot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chinaman said:
does anyone know if there is a catback flowmaster exhaust for our frontiers??
i dont think there is a bolt on catback system from Flowmaster. I believe the companies that have them are Magnaflow, Gibson, JBA, and Stillen.

but i have a custom Flowmaster catback exhaust with a 40 series. check out page one of this post for details and sound clips.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top