Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
seats

CBDFrontier06 said:
Got some disappointing news for anyone planning to put custom seats in the Frontier. I took out my driver's seat today in anticipation of using the bracket / slider on the new seat. Nothing doing. The slider, bracket...everything...is welded and riveted to the seat unit. You'd have to take a blow torch to the OEM seat to re-use the bracket on a new seat. Not an option.
The only other route to take is have custom brackets fabricated and riveted to the sliders that came with the new seats - or buy a set of Nismo Frontier seats and hope they're what I'm looking for in the way of comfort and support.

Having said that, the APC seats are up for sale after a week of sitting in my living room.
well i guess this is probebly the only area where a first gen in better than a second gen. I have a 03 crew cab and the slider bracket is just bolted on to the seat

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
pics or ban!!! (kidding.......but seriously, pics!)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put mastercraft baja rs seats in my 07 and WOW. I love the comfort and lateral security they provide. Although it was a huge deal of fab work to get them in right. You have to remove the seatbelts from the old and graft them to the new, as well as the passenger seat awareness sensor(the sensor that reads if someone more than 40 pounds is in it so the airbag does not go off when a kid is up front.)and last but not at all least the side curtain airbag that is actually made into the side of the seat. All have to be relocated or professionally omitted from truck. Dont mess with the airbag sensors unless you really know what you doing. Once done they look great and well it is a mastercraft.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That is sick!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I would not run 5 ways with out a cage. If you roll that thing and the roof comes down your head and neck are in a locked upright position.
Seats look cool though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok i might get some used recaros from an evolution 6 .. i could just swap rails from stock seats onto the recaros would it be a direct bolt on ? i have a d22 single cab

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I'm not sure what the bottom of the recaro's looks like. Might want to try and find some pics of those seat bottoms and compare them to your rails just to be prepared. I would think the track width might be different enough that you may have to do a little but of fab to make them bolt to the Nissan rails.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
I'm not sure what the bottom of the recaro's looks like. Might want to try and find some pics of those seat bottoms and compare them to your rails just to be prepared. I would think the track width might be different enough that you may have to do a little but of fab to make them bolt to the Nissan rails.
Kartek Off Road - Where Off Road is On! The ultimate source for off road parts. makes a unversal slider adapter.

so what is every ones thoguth on lowback vs highback right now I'm thinking lowback. They look cooler and from what I have read they are more comfortable. I'm looking at suspention seats right now..

·
Registered
138 Posts
With the factory seats removed, is a resistor needed to keep the SRS system from throwing any lights on dash?...And if so what value resistance? I can figure things out on my own if I have to. Can't take the stock seat anymore and will be custom fabbing mounting system for Recaro slider and using Recaro Sportster GT seats... I know they fit my body well being I have the Sportster CS version custom fitted as my FR-S drivers seat.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Frontier MT sv
759 Posts
With the factory seats removed, is a resistor needed to keep the SRS system from throwing any lights on dash?...And if so what value resistance? I can figure things out on my own if I have to. Can't take the stock seat anymore and will be custom fabbing mounting system for Recaro slider and using Recaro Sportster GT seats... I know they fit my body well being I have the Sportster CS version custom fitted as my FR-S drivers seat.

I cannot answer for resistance numbers. The air bag alarm light will flash. You would need to complete the circuit for it to turn off. I understand that the sensor is hardwired in the stock seat and when you remove the seat, there goes the connection. The SRS from the seat will not function as it is disconnected but, the head on collision will deploy the airbag I suppose. Do Not Crash.

If you can build a seat frame with the factory sensors connected properly, that would be an amazing feat!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I cannot answer for resistance numbers. The air bag alarm light will flash. You would need to complete the circuit for it to turn off. I understand that the sensor is hardwired in the stock seat and when you remove the seat, there goes the connection. The SRS from the seat will not function as it is disconnected but, the head on collision will deploy the airbag I suppose. Do Not Crash.

If you can build a seat frame with the factory sensors connected properly, that would be an amazing feat!
Well, I just placed the order today for a drivers Recaro Sportster GT and a Recaro slider, should be in within 2 weeks to the local authorized dealer I'm purchasing it through. Will custom fab the mounting bracket for it and see about transferring any necessary sensors over, not hard to make & weld tabs for sensors. Just going be drivers seat for now because of cost, maybe passenger seat at a later time - will see how the driver's side goes first.

Have vacation scheduled in middle of October that will be driving the truck on and do not want to be doing thousands of miles with the stock seat on it. My back was absolutely killing me and legs very sore last time I did it. Will drop seating height somewhere close to 2 inches and have rake angle of seat bottom be most optimal for the pedal angles and distance.

So I have the ball in motion now, will keep updated on progress when there is something worthy to be posted.

·
Premium Member
5,726 Posts
Yes, mounting custom seats will be difficult.
I run Msdtercrsft seats. The floor had to have new sheet metal installed. The sliders are mounted to the cage tubes.

·
Premium Member
5,726 Posts
Just no seats will fit the stock brackets. Many have tried.

Reactions: Sixspeed-SV
21 - 40 of 55 Posts