Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any tried or had any experience with the curt echo wireless trailer brake controller?

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
930 Posts
I used it with a Jeep Gladiator and it worked like a charm. I intend to use it with my Frontier any time I pull my enclosed trailer. It's a cake walk to use....and you can move it from vehicle to vehicle.

The ONLY drawback is that you don't have an emergency trailer brake button you can hit quickly in a panic situation unless you keep the smartphone screen on 100% of the time.

Reactions: GreyFox

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
997 Posts
I used it with a Jeep Gladiator and it worked like a charm. I intend to use it with my Frontier any time I pull my enclosed trailer. It's a cake walk to use....and you can move it from vehicle to vehicle.

The ONLY drawback is that you don't have an emergency trailer brake button you can hit quickly in a panic situation unless you keep the smartphone screen on 100% of the time.
They appear to sell a “panic button” separately.

Edit: They do sell a physical manual override button to stick on your dash, but it still doesn’t function unless the app is running on your phone. For an extra $70, what the hell’s the point of that?

Reactions: Squall_Line

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
930 Posts
Interesting. That wasn't an option when I bought mine.

The new ones also now come with a rubber strap to hold the unit into the receptical and prevent it from popping out. Some people had theirs shake loose while driving down rough roads.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
997 Posts
The new ones also now come with a rubber strap to hold the unit into the receptical and prevent it from popping out. Some people had theirs shake loose while driving down rough roads.
That was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Looks like an easy way to lose $300, either by it falling out going down the road or being taken by some dickhole while I’m scarfing down some truck stop tacos.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Looks like an easy way to lose $300, either by it falling out going down the road or being taken by some dickhole while I’m scarfing down some truck stop tacos.
Haven't used one with the Frontier yet, but we bought one for a boat trailer and another vehicle. I shared your concern about theft, but it's so easy to install and remove that I just take it off if I'm ever worried about theft. Nothing to it, it's a great little device. Haven't had any issues with it coming lose so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts